SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Caught some chud riffling through our cars this morning
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caught some chud riffling through our cars this morning Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted
Not a very fast runner if my fat ass kept up with him in sweatpants and unlaced boots. He's gonna be real disappointed when he finds out the Sheriff has his methadone.

The real funny part is as I was on the phone with 911, he came back, and ran up the road the other way. I was telling the dispatcher what happened, and I see him jogging along, so I says, "Oh shit, here's the cocksucker right now!" Great fun, great fun. I hope he goes into withdrawals and the coyotes find him before people.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Why were your cars unlocked?

Nearly all car break-ins simply involve scrotebags wandering through parking lots and residential areas, pulling on door handles until they find unlocked cars to pilfer through.

More drastic measures like smashing windows, cutting soft tops, jimmying locks, and employing fancy electronic hacks are comparatively rare.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Because this is the kind of area where it had generally been safe to leave your stuff out. It's only recently started to turn to shit as our fuckhead city council reneged on promises not to allow massive apartment complexes to be built, attracting the chuds to the area. Used to be all farmland out here. Can't wait for the volcano to go, and force all the fucks back to California. Git outta my ashy kingdom!

quote:

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Because this is the kind of area where it had generally been safe to leave your stuff out.

No such thing. Even if you live in a supposedly "good area", thieves travel.

Simply locking your car doors and removing any valuables from plain sight will drastically reduce your risk of being victimized.

Posts: 32380 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't wait for the volcano to go, and force all the fucks back to California. Git outta my ashy kingdom!

LMFAO!!!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Because this is the kind of area where it had generally been safe to leave your stuff out.

Simply locking your car doors and removing any valuables from plain sight will drastically reduce your risk of being victimized.

^^^^^^^^^^
This!! Even though my car is is my fenced in yard the doors still get locked. Daytime or nighttime.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep, this.

Don't leave your doors unlocked. "Car Hopping" is popular, and the number of guns that are stolen out of unlocked vehicles is pretty staggering. We deal with a lot of people that insist they live in areas where they shouldn't have to lock their doors, and you'd be amazed at the number of reports that we see handguns, large amounts of cash, computers, etc taken from unlocked vehicles. Guns are stolen at a rate of 9 guns stolen from unlocked vehicles for every one that is taken from a household. One dude hasn't learned his lesson and has had three handguns taken from unlocked vehicles in his driveway in 18 months.

Look up "felony lane gang" for some good info on travelers.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
See, the thing is we don't really keep anything in our cars either. They go through it, make a mess (as if it wasn't already a mess) and then get away with nothing. Shit, homedude left a GPS that my brother never took with him when he sold me the car. All he got was $4, also left behind by my brother, and muddy when he fell and lost his dope with his name on it.

Maybe we should keep them locked, but again, I tend not to keep anything out there, certainly not any guns or cameras or computers, so our mindset is rather have the dongs open a door and find nothing, rather than bust out a window and find nothing.

quote:

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So you left the Vaseline in the house?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15111 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
so our mindset is rather have the dongs open a door and find nothing, rather than bust out a window and find nothing.

I understand why you may think that, but the fact is that if there's nothing obviously of value visible from outside a locked car, nearly all thieves won't bother to take the significantly higher risk of breaking a window just to pilfer through and see what might be inside. Too much risk for too little reward.

Pilfering through cars is almost always done on easy target unlocked cars. The typical thief will try the door handle, see that it's locked, peer in and see there's nothing immediately apparent to be worth taking a higher risk of breaking in forcefully, and move on to find an easier target.

However, if the door is locked but there's something readily visible that makes it worthwhile to take the additional step of breaking a window, some thieves will do so.

Hence the two easy steps of both locking your doors and removing all valuables from the car (or at least out of sight).

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Don't leave your doors unlocked. "Car Hopping" is popular, and the number of guns that are stolen out of unlocked vehicles is pretty staggering. We deal with a lot of people that insist they live in areas where they shouldn't have to lock their doors, and you'd be amazed at the number of reports that we see handguns, large amounts of cash, computers, etc taken from unlocked vehicles. Guns are stolen at a rate of 9 guns stolen from unlocked vehicles for every one that is taken from a household.

Yep. Most stolen guns are taken from unlocked vehicles. And most stolen cars are unlocked vehicles with the keys left inside them.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Oh, and Ring home video systems are absolutely awesome, Fyi.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why were your cars unlocked?

Nearly all car break-ins simply involve scrotebags wandering through parking lots and residential areas, pulling on door handles until they find unlocked cars to pilfer through.

More drastic measures like smashing windows, cutting soft tops, jimmying locks, and employing fancy electronic hacks are comparatively rare.

But is it really a break-in when the door is left unlocked? To me, that's almost an invitation to get your shit taken away.

Thieves want the easiest targets, breaking shit creates noise and attention, which they don't want.

Posts: 13029 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Also, I'm a home builder. Both neighborhoods I've worked in these past few months have gotten me to one conclusion: people seem to enjoy leaving their cars outside while their garage is littered with junk. Even people with expensive German cars just leave them outside.

I don't understand it at all. I have a 2003 Honda Civic, it's not worth much but is kept parked in the garage. I leave the windows open and the doors unlocked. I can leave stuff in the car and not worry about it.

Posts: 13029 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
But is it really a break-in when the door is left unlocked? To me, that's almost an invitation to get your shit taken away.

"Breaking in" doesn't necessarily involve forcefully breaking/damaging/destroying something like a lock or window to gain entry. Some laws define "breaking" as merely "breaking the plane" between the public exterior and the private interior. Some laws define "breaking" as including employing even the slightest amount of force, like pushing open a door or lifting a window. Some laws also include gaining entry through fraud or deception as "breaking".

In Arkansas, the specific statute is "Breaking or Entering", which simply involves going from where you're allowed to be (the public "outside") into where you're not allowed to be (the private "inside") of a structure, vehicles, or container, with the purpose of committing a further crime inside, like theft. No force required.

So pilfering through an unlocked car can still be considered "breaking in". (I guess technically, it would be the "or entering" portion of the AR statute, but colloquially nobody ever says "Some asshole entered my car", instead saying "Some asshole broke into my car", even if said asshole simply opened an unlocked door.)

But yeah, if you leave your cars unlocked, it makes you much more likely to be victimized.

Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The chack-chack speech must've been epic.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
The chack-chack speech must've been epic.

Woke the neighbors up with my shouting and various swear words.

quote:

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Last time I looked, door locks on cars were standard equipment, not options.

I use them, just like I use my turn signals.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Last time I looked, door locks on cars were standard equipment, not options.

I use them, just like I use my turn signals.

But if you just don't use them, then you don't ever have to worry about the hassle and expense of regularly replacing your lock filters or turn signal fluid.

Instant savings!

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Turn...signals? What are these? Confused

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18016 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's a free country and growing up with a friend who had a convertible, he left it unlocked as well - since they could easily cut the top to get in.

Visiting WA is interesting, the tweakers and stoners are all over in the built up areas - even the change in the past 7 years is astounding. I'm thinking a good Lahar bath might be the only thing able to save it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post