SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Neighbor Put Up Huge Wind Chimes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neighbor Put Up Huge Wind Chimes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
And yes, you have to ask first. Are people seriously counseling going straight to vandalism and destruction of someone else's property?

Apparently we need to keep law enforcement and criminal defense attorneys in business. With the number of security cameras around, I do not think most people would like to be shown on social media destroying wind chimes. It would be entertaining to watch though.

I do believe in the concept of good fences make good neighbors, but it is wrong to assume that your neighbor is gonna be a douchebag about the chimes.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some large wind chimes about five feet outside my bedroom window and I love them. I Was just telling my wife the other day I wish we had some more. Where they are located they almost always are slowly, constantly chiming. I don't like the smal, high pitched "twinkly" sounding ones. Mine are just a nearly constant sound of low "boings". Big Grin

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
I'm the opposite; I like the large low-pitch wind chimes. The smaller ones are too high-pitch and annoying to me. Anyway, I would go over and nicely let him know that they are affecting your sleep at night and ask him to try something like Mooney suggested above.

Good luck.

Me, too. The low pitched ones sound good.

And yes, you have to ask first. Are people seriously counseling going straight to vandalism and destruction of someone else's property?

Well, I wasn't. I'm surprised you'd have to ask.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Well, confiscate (notice I didn't say steal) them, and send them to me. I only have one wind chime, and need the second one for stereo.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If he won't tie them down or move them, then its game on!

Find a recording of a clock chime, every 5 minutes, have it play on a loudspeaker outside updating the time, of course with the hourly tones.

Posts: 23446 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
OP, your story reminds me of a similar situation which my Dad "fixed".

Our family of 4 was camping and I was a young teen at the time. The group next to us was all older teens and had a huge party one night.

The next morning my Dad grabbed a pot, a wooden spoon, and marched around their tent banging the pot the next morning.

We all became friends and its a story that I will never forget.

In other words, go over there and see if you can fix the situation. If not, be like my Dad, and perhaps then he will get the message.

Best of luck.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how did you come out ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Low pitch, high pitch, music, motorcycle noise, arguing, barking dogs, etc. I don't really care what the sound is, I don't want to hear my neighbors noise. It's basic consideration 101 and I don't understand why some people can't get that.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
how did you come out ?

I haven't spoken to him yet, but either we have gotten used to it, or it's not that noticeable with the windows closed (suddenly got cold as shit in PA for May the past week, and I have the heat back on) plus we are in baby mode with #2 coming any day now.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Learn the bagpipes! Play them like the Scot's at sundown every evening. Then come out for an encore after bedtime! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Learn the bagpipes! Play them like the Scot's at sundown every evening. Then come out for an encore after bedtime! Big Grin

I like it - the world's only musical weapon.

I knew someone who many years ago got tired of late rock music at a house behind her own. She set up some speakers facing the offender's house, and played something like east Indian music a few nights - problem solved!

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
Low pitch, high pitch, music, motorcycle noise, arguing, barking dogs, etc. I don't really care what the sound is, I don't want to hear my neighbors noise. It's basic consideration 101 and I don't understand why some people can't get that.

That pretty much covers it.

Keep your shit in your own bag.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post