SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    norovirus....you bastard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

norovirus....you bastard Login/Join 
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted
bloating, cramps, pissing out of my butt, violent puking, pulled muscle in my abdomen from heaving.

then there is the laundry and cleaning I have to do to clean up all this mess.

never been this sick.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
It's pretty awful.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
just cleaned the toilet and bathroom floor.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had this once, 15 years ago. I was down for a couple of days. Really a bad deal. You don't want it.

Posts: 107565 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Norovirus. An unadvertised perk of your Caribbean cruise!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I came down with Norovirus the February before last.

It absolutely sucked. My wife and I were at the doctor for our young daughter because she had been throwing up and, mid-appointment, I had to book it outside and started puking all over the parking lot.

I continued puking all night. The ‘rhea was awful too. I was super sick.

My wife caught it the next day and she was 8 months pregnant. It was awful.

It’s super contagious so beware.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
bloating, cramps, pissing out of my butt, violent puking, pulled muscle in my abdomen from heaving.

then there is the laundry and cleaning I have to do to clean up all this mess.

never been this sick.

My advice? Assuming you've run outta adult diapers, stuff a couple of those pillow cases down to the nethers and head back out for the Carnival 'all you can eat' pizza bar. What, you gonna catch somethin'? If you hurry, you might be able to at least snag a couple pieces to take back and nibble on before your volcanic butthole erupts again.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Isn't this norovirus also served at Chipotle?

I had something like it years ago - bonus plan included it hitting me just prior to takeoff on a commercial flight. I sequestered a bathroom from wheels up to 10 minutes prior to landing... and I vomited a minute before landing, all over the seat next to me - thankfully the flight was about 1/3 full, so no one was hit by the projectile vomit.

I was out of it for about 36 hours straight, which was great for a Thanksgiving weekend trip.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
That's just it, I didn't go anywhere. I went to my parents for Easter dinner and my dad had 'food poisoning' for the days prior. My parents had been traveling and must have gotten it on the flight back home.

And then yesterday, myself, my brother-in-law and my nephew all came down with it, too. Still have mud butt, damn it.

Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
That's just it, I didn't go anywhere. I went to my parents for Easter dinner and my dad had 'food poisoning' for the days prior. My parents had been traveling and must have gotten it on the flight back home.

And then yesterday, myself, my brother-in-law and my nephew all came down with it, too. Still have mud butt, damn it.

"Food poisoning" my aching ass. Great Easter surprise!

Yes, I've had it. It was horrible. We went to great lengths in my household to NOT spread it to new victims.

When you're exploding out both ends simultaneously, your aim often is less than perfect. Cleaning sludgy poo off the SIDE of the toilet, at 2am, while deathly ill, is one of my fonder memories. That was a great night.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Had it yesterday. Must have puked at least 30X.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16343 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:

Exactly right. Although it can be spread through contaminated food, norovirus is a different deal than Salmonella, eColi, Botulism, etc.

It is far more likely that the chain was a progression of people not washing their hands, licking their fingers, touching the same serving utensils, etc. Spreads like wildfire.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:

Exactly right. Although it can be spread through contaminated food, norovirus is a different deal than Salmonella, eColi, Botulism, etc.

It is far more likely that the chain was a progression of people not washing their hands, licking their fingers, touching the same serving utensils, etc. Spreads like wildfire.

Yes, I love it when people try to get me to visit their place, where someone has just had a nasty and extremely contagious illness and germs are going to be *everywhere*.

They're like 'it's fine come on over I just had food poisoning', or some other obviously not the case, safely non-contagious malady.

And you trust them, and surprise! get sick as hell. What did they think was going to happen?

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post