SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
1971, my second car dealership job, Monday was our late day/night, my hours were from 8 A.M. to 9 P.M.

If things were slow the parts manager would cut a couple of us loose by 6 or so. One Monday night I had the feeling that I really needed to leave despite losing three hours pay. I was too late, got beat out so I was pissed, combine that with a totally dead night and a smart ass 19 year old...

So maybe about 8 the direct line in the parts department rings, the number had been a carryout chicken and rib place in Detroit at one time. We would normally tell the caller of their error and hang up. Not this particular night. I tried to stop him when he said "I want to order" but he talked right over me. So I took his order.

Two orders of ribs, fries and a couple bottles of pop. I asked if this was carryout or delivery, he gave me an address. Made a wild guess on the price, told him it would be delivered in about a half hour.

Wonder if he is still waiting for that delivery?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Has Kallie called yet to get her messages?

Interestingly enough, she hasn’t. I would have thought that after the first time her mom text happy birthday wishes and her siblings had to remind her in the group text that Kallie had a new phone number she would have done something but she didn’t.

She hasn’t donated to her alma mater yet as they have started asking for money as well.

Is she hot? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Has Kallie called yet to get her messages?

Interestingly enough, she hasn’t. I would have thought that after the first time her mom text happy birthday wishes and her siblings had to remind her in the group text that Kallie had a new phone number she would have done something but she didn’t.

She hasn’t donated to her alma mater yet as they have started asking for money as well.

Is she hot? Wink

Probably not! Eek

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Just be glad your number isn't 867-5309.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or Beachwood 4-5789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us18AUBM2RI

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Do not forget BR 549. Jr Samples from HE-Haw. ....................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2001 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have had our landline for 13 years. We are still getting calls for the Murphys. We suspect that, when asked for their number, they are still giving out their old number to vendors at home shows and the like. I had a friend once, who was getting a lot of calls for "Jennifer". He got tired of it and started answering, "I'm sorry. She's upstairs with a customer." He got in trouble, when he started using that line on people calling for his sister.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Back in the 80s we were assigned to Fort Belvoir. Then started getting calls for “Corbin.” We were there 8 years and they were still coming.

Finally discovered the problem was a company that sold crisscrossed phone books. The had me listed, Corbin listed with my number and both of use listed with that number. Finally got them to fix it and remove our number. However we had to wait until the new books were published.

Why didn’t it stop? Seems the old phonebooks got used by more fly by nights scammers. Never did fix it.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post