SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me. Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Has Kallie called yet to get her messages?

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I transferred to Hawaii in 2004 my new cell phone number previously belonged to someone much younger than my 43 years. I only had a handful of calls but was sent lots of pictures, all female a few NSFW. After six months it finally ended.

Upon returning to North Carolina our house phone number had once been Wanda's. Everybody wanted to talk to Wanda, she was late on every bill known to man and even a few not. After many months it slowed down but even after a year we would still get a call or two. My wife and I referred to her as "O Wicked Wanda".

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Years ago I was getting phone calls from a guy looking for Joan. I repeatedly told him he had the wrong number.

Finally I said to him: "Wait, I'll look in the bedroom".

Then told him: "Nope she's not here".

He never called back, but I wonder what happened to Joan when he caught up to her.

HAHAHAHA...... back in the 90's when I paid like $60 for 400 minutes. I got calls from some HS kid looking for a female (forgot her name), kept telling him he had the wrong number.....so on the 4th day in a row he called and I had enough, and finally said to him......she's in the bathroom cleaning up from some hot sex......do you want me to have her call you back........and that was the end of it.

Now I get a bunch of car warranty calls and investors seeing if I want to sell one of my properties.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I've had my number since 2002. I feel sorry for anyone getting a new number today.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The city I lived in as a kid had two phone prefixes. If one dialed 273, they got my house. 271, with the same last four got Pizza Hut. Child me got tired of explaining it, and started taking orders. Most never called back. The ones who did were pissed, demanding to know where their pizza was. I suggested asking Pizza Hut, and hung up.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly: Hut. Child and started taking orders. Most never called back. The ones who did were pissed,

Someone else with the problem! We got married and were assigned 513-221-5588. It formerly was a cab service. Not good for newly weds. I've hated the phone company ever since. So 46+ years ago we moved to Kentucky. Had the same number ever since. Yeah, the Legion had the last 4 digits but a different exchange. Never was so pleased to see a Legion hall go defunct.

Back to the taxi cab service. It was before my "revelation", I don't have to answer the phone when it rings. That's been recently. Back when we had the cab service number, they'd call back and ask where their cab was. I suggested they call a cab service that was in business, not me. Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even better when you have some deadbeat from a town ~30 miles away with the same first/middle/last name & only a year age difference.
It was funny in high school when we'd give fat chicks each other phone#. it got not funny when he quit paying bills & the fuckers got my info. I had to be VERY careful answering my cell phone that was also for work.
Now I have a work-issued cell that has the number of a former asian massage parlor. I leave the damn thing on my desk full time & just use my personal.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Has Kallie called yet to get her messages?

Interestingly enough, she hasn’t. I would have thought that after the first time her mom text happy birthday wishes and her siblings had to remind her in the group text that Kallie had a new phone number she would have done something but she didn’t.

She hasn’t donated to her alma mater yet as they have started asking for money as well.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
You've all probably heard this but seems like a good time to revisit.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOvXxnSEQKY

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
Even better when you have some deadbeat from a town ~30 miles away with the same first/middle/last name & only a year age difference.

Hell, I had a guy in my high school with the same first and last name as me, and only one grade difference. He was always getting into trouble. (And no, it's not like it's a very common name. Even has a slightly nonstandard spelling.)

More than once, I had some pissed off faculty member come snatch me out of class and demand to know why I hadn't reported to the In School Suspension room for whatever latest disciplinary infraction. I would then have to explain that they wanted the other me, not this me.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80s we were assigned to Fort Belvoir. Then started getting calls for “Corbin.” We were there 8 years and they were still coming.

Finally discovered the problem that sold crisscrossed phone books. The had me listed, Corbin listed with my number and both of use listed with that number. Finally got them to fix it and remove our number. However we had to wait until the new books were published.

Why didn’t it stop? Seems the old phonebooks got used by more fly by nights scammers. Never did fix it.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Count your blessings. When I first moved the Yoop, I was assigned a phone number that previously was used by Michigan's biggest dead beat female. She bailed financially on everyone from her Doctor to her mechanic. Skip tracers rang the phone non-stop and I even had process servers coming to the house looking for her. I had to change the number to get some peace.

That similar happened to me, but what happened was a deadbeat girl kept giving tne number I'd had for 10 years to accounts she never paid.

Collection agencies were calling me constantly. Even advising me to change my number.

Found out, the girl was local. Went to the Local Sheriff's , and complained to an Investigator.

Turned out the girl had a rap sheet. Was giving false info out.

Stopped getting debt collection calls after doing that.

I wasn't about to change my number.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Growing up we had the same number as a auto repair shop, just a different prefix. Got their calls fairly often but at least the calls only came during daytime business hours.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
There was some kind of medical services company on the other side of the state whose number in their AC was the same as mine in my AC. When they disconnected their local number in my AC in a cost-savings move, people started calling my number--perhaps hoping they wouldn't have too make a chargeable out-of-area call.

I'd come home to some of the most curious answering machine messages--sometimes angry ones for their not having received a return call. (My answering machine greeting I would have thought would've been A Clue that I wasn't that company. Guess not, for some.)

It took me a while to figure out why this was happening all of a sudden, since I'd had my number for years. When I called said company about the problem they were unsympathetic. I think they even suggested I change my number. Uh huh. No. "Fine," I told them, "I'll fix it myself." I changed my answering machine greeting to something quite rude and more than a little uncomplementary toward the company.

Within a couple months the problem, which had been growing, somehow miraculously went away Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
When I got a land-line phone upon moving to Central Texas about twenty years ago (am I THAT old!?) some indebted hispanic crim named Arnoful had the number previously. Pretty quickly I learned to ignore the phone ringing except on Sunday evening when my parents would call. Arnolful was getting calls from debt collectors, lawyers, bail bondsman, and family that I assumed was still living south of the border, that is to say the calls were in Spanish.

If I did pickup then I would respond 'malo numbre' or 'inexacte numbre' or similar, and the english language callers quit after about an half an year. His family and friends would not quit but I had the timing perfected, or so I thought...

On Mother's Day night, a Sunday, the phone rang and I picked it up expecting to talk to the Mother of Kablammo. Rather than my own dear Mother of Kablammo an elderly latina was questioning to speak to 'Arnolful, Arnolful, su Madre, su Madre'. Damn! I was pig-biting-mad! Not only was I not talking to my own mother on Mother's Day, that son-of-bitch Arnolful had failed to update his own mother with his phone number!

I expelled three breaths of the bull and then wailed 'Arnolful, ARNOLFUL... ARNOLFUL CESTE MUERTE (ARNOLFUL IS DEAD).

She let out a gasp, then there was a thud, then there was a thunk, then a silence. That was a puzzler. Then I realized that Arnolful's mother may have fainted or even died on Mother's Day from the shock. Guilt feelings haunted me for about two weeks until the blissful sound of telephone silence was realized.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Text messages provide new opportunities for mischief. In Maui I got texts from people wanting to meet up; since no name coming or going it sometimes made for interesting conversations until whoever it was at the other end realized I was an old man.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
When we first moved into our house we kept getting calls about renting heavy equipment like bulldozers and such. Asked one caller how they got the number any found out it was on a billboard on I-15. We got those calls for a couple of years before they stopped.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:

I had the same problem, but the other guy was in prison for trying to kill his Wife. Had to threaten Discover Card with legal action to get them to stop calling.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
When we first moved into our house we kept getting calls about renting heavy equipment like bulldozers and such. Asked one caller how they got the number any found out it was on a billboard on I-15. We got those calls for a couple of years before they stopped.

our land line was apparently for a woman, probably of color, named Weezy.

we would get calls at all times of the day and night asking for her, esp between 7 and 10pm,

not the same number calling all the time either, random numbers,

so after about a year or so of this happening on and off, I started getting a bit flipant with the callers,

nope, she busy, then hang up
nope, she got arrested, then hang up

nope, she is drunk, and hang up
nope, etc etc

finally one night after a few drinks, and the 3rd call, I said to the caller,

nope, she is busy, in the middle of a gang bang right here in the floor, both hands and mouth are busy,

wife about choked on her drink and started fussing at me,

the caller,, he just said ok and hung up

after a few months the calls finally stopped

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Then we moved last year either one of us wanted to keep our old numbers, didn't want people to know where we were from.

Found a website called Number Barn spent around $25 each to get what I felt were probably "virgin" numbers. And easy to remember, the 7 digits are 5 Zeros and 1 other digit (used twice).

No calls at all. Well worth the money.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post