SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kallie. The one who had my phone number before me. Login/Join 
Be Like Mike
Picture of CEShooter
posted
She must have given her phone number out to everyone and told no one when she got a new one. I’ve had this phone number for years and years and I still receive texts for her. Her favorite evidently was every liberal and Democrat organization because I’m getting a stupid amount of texts from them about the election. It was slightly funny when she evidently was just out of college and her friends were still hitting her up for drugs or drinking. But holy cow, the Dems must be really desperate because several times a day I’m receiving texts from them about the election.

---------------
"Structural engineering is the art of moulding materials we don't understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot really access, in such a way that the community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." Dr. A. R. Dykes

Posts: 2229 | Location: 500 Miles from the homeland | Registered: February 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count your blessings. When I first moved the Yoop, I was assigned a phone number that previously was used by Michigan's biggest dead beat female. She bailed financially on everyone from her Doctor to her mechanic. Skip tracers rang the phone non-stop and I even had process servers coming to the house looking for her. I had to change the number to get some peace.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CEShooter:
But holy cow, the Dems must be really desperate because several times a day I’m receiving texts from them about the election.

Reply back, "Does this person support Trump?" And throw in a few facts about what he's accomplished. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My number used to belong to uncle “Aldo”. Half the Hispanics in El Paso called him when they needed help or something. Bill collectors, too.

Note to bill collectors:

Just because I got Aldo’s old phone number, doesn’t mean I know Aldo, or his whereabouts. Idiots.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have had my number for twenty years, I still get calls from bill collectors for Melissa Mad and yes, recently texts about voting. I did get a reply back from one saying that I didn't have to be rude, that I should have just ignored the text, FU

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I keep getting:

1. Texts for ‘Jeff’ about enlarging my dick with pills.

2. Crazy recorded Jesus calls from random numbers telling me to ‘Press 1! Press 1!’.

:: sigh ::

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
My "new" work phone (read: since March) number was apparently previously owned by a guy by the name of Christopher. There have been a few bill collectors, but I've been able to get them to stop calling for the most part by politely explaining that there's nobody here by that name, this is is a company issued phone and that I was issued it back in March.

While it's been funny to mess with the election folks it's also getting really old. Like, I know the election is only a few weeks away, but I'm still WAY too deplorable for you folks. Go away.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My agency cell phone number, which I've had since ~2006, has been getting texts from the Democrats addressed to Juan.

Apparently Juan must have registered as a Democrat over 15 years ago, and never updated them with his new number.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Lately I get snail mail, in my mailbox, every damn day, from the ignert democraps addressed to the previous owners about voting.

According to my USPS Informed Delivery, I will have 4 of them today. Had 3 yesterday.

I have lived in this house for 11 years this month. The previous owners lost it in a foreclosure, it was empty for a year, then I bought it.

Apparently "someone" just combines any and all mailing lists, marketing lists, whatever, and shotguns this crap out in the mail.

I even get texts on my cell phone for the same thing. Apparently there is a massive list of cell phone numbers linked to physical addresses, regardless of the owners name. These texts to my phone use the previous home owners names, who lost it in a foreclosure about 11 years ago.

Corksorkers!

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to get fairly frequent calls for Lois and Robert, the previous owners of my work phone number. Always old friends or acquaintances of theirs, never bill collectors, never rude. Probably got the contact info out of a 20-year-old church directory.

Most everybody around here is related to somebody else, and the family name was very common, so it wasn't too hard to find out where the previous owners went. Once I found their info, I kept it handy for the once-every-several-month call for them, and gave their new info to the caller.

The only hard part was the little old ladies who'd call looking for Lois or Robert, and were willing to chat with any human who'd pick up the phone.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Same is happening to me.

I troll the shit out of them. Smile

Posts: 5134 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Do phones support 'whitelists' for text messages, that is, to be able to be set to block all incoming texts not from folks already on your contact list?

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I was getting phone calls from a guy looking for Joan. I repeatedly told him he had the wrong number.

Finally I said to him: "Wait, I'll look in the bedroom".

Then told him: "Nope she's not here".

He never called back, but I wonder what happened to Joan when he caught up to her.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Had same cell phone # since 1997, I don't get these thank God, what I do get is warranty companies.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Years ago I was getting phone calls from a guy looking for Joan. I repeatedly told him he had the wrong number.

Finally I said to him: "Wait, I'll look in the bedroom".

Then told him: "Nope she's not here".

Here's a better response...

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had the same thing, in 1985. Yep, back when land lines were the only lines. The telephone number had been previously used by Mary.
Mary got booty calls, late, 1 to 2 am late. I always answered since I was in IT and on call (no caller ID either). A few weekends of that and I started to wise up. The next guy called and asked for Mary I asked my best tough guy voice: Who wants to know? It worked, he hung up and never called back. I used it for all Mary's callers, there were about 1/2 dozen.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
When we first got this phone number in '04 the onslaught started, callers looking for the Mr. or Mrs. "X". Here and there, random call, always politely told them that they were the people who previously had this number.

As time went by, the callers got more aggressive, DEMANDING to talk to them. At first nobody would say why they wanted to speak to them but soon found out that they were skip tracers. We had messages left from a collection agency about student loans in default, one from a credit union regarding the loans on their cars, and on and on.

I recorded a new incoming message saying "If you are calling for the "X's" this is no longer their phone number and to please remove this number from the call list." One caller one evening was not aggressive, left a number so I called him back. Once I informed him of the circumstances he explained (he was an attorney) how debts were "bundled" and sold at a discount in a package. If they were successful, great, they made out. If not, they were bundled and sold again at a greater discount to another collection agency. He gave me some tips, one was to not give my name (never once did) to anyone that would call about the debts as my name would be added to a list of potential contacts, the shotgun technique.

About a month or so later I got another call, woman on the phone DEMANDED that I identify myself which I refused to do. She started yelling at me, I told her to do an act with herself. She then told me that I could not talk to her like that and if I refused to tell her who I was she was going to assume that I was the intended target. Well, I got her really going and hung up on her, she was screaming when I ended the call.

About six months later I received a call from what sounded like a little old lady, called herself aunt Helen or something like that. Looking for her niece, she said that it had been several years since she talked to them. I explained that they were the people that previously had the phone number, I didn't know them or their new number. And I added the fact "They are very popular, we still get a lot of phone calls for them and people seem to be disappointed that they cannot get ahold of them!" I suspect if this was a legitimate relative they figured that this would be a good "hook" to find them. And if not, a pretty good ruse to try.

That was the last call for them, that has been several years ago. Think they got the message.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
I thought is was only me.

13 years with this number , and for the last year I get texts messages spam for Abel.
I'm also getting tons of Spanish speaking calls. They ask in English if I speak Spanish , then hang up.

Reverse number lookup stuff shows it as Abel's number , so that shows how out of date they are.

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the problem was Reanna. She used my number I've had 9 years during the 2016 election. I got the texts asking if I supported candidate X. My go to line was asking about issues the left enjoys. They would then tell me how candidate x fully supports the left issue. I would then tell them they had just lost my vote for not putting their constituents first.

Got one at my desk phone at work. I can't even remember my desk number. Offered me a cash offer for my house. Well they offered Kate a cash offer for her house. I looked up the address they gave , the zestimate was about 250k. I told the caller I would gladly take a cash offer of 3.5 million. The caller wanted to know if I was serious, because that's too high. well you called me.

Back many years ago when phone numbers were in the phone book, my parents used my moms maiden name to deter salesmen. When someone called and ask for the maiden name, it was a game to see how creative we could be. My brother had a great conversation with a telemarketer about how my mother had died tragically the day prior, and what kind of sick bastard would call at such an insensitive time, trying to sell crap to a dead person. Still makes me giggle.

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My old home phone number apparently belonged the county, attached to their special education programs. For over a decade I constantly got calls from people looking to enroll their special needs children in classes.

If you swapped two of the numbers around you got the local airport, I got lots of calls for them.

If you dialed an 8 in the area code instead of a 6, you got a chemical company in upstate NY, I got lots of calls for them as well.

Frown

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post