SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm done with Browning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm done with Browning Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted
I've owned a couple of Browning handguns over the years, and haven't had any problems with them. That has all changed with my X-bolt. First it was the muzzle threading in a pitch no one uses, even overseas. Now I discover the finish on the synthetic stock is bubbling and peeling off. Mind you, I haven't even cleaned and lubed the gun yet, it was waiting for a scope and mount. I contacted their Customer Service, got an RMA and sent the gun in. So far so good. I tracked it, they're had it over a week, no call, e-mail or snail mail. I called them today to inquire about status, and was told with a a lot of attitude that if it were a mechanical issue, it would be 4-6 weeks, but since it was the stock, there wasn't an estimated time frame, it would have to be inspected by a gunsmith to see if it had been exposed to solvents or other chemicals (apparently their DuraTouch coating isn't durable). I've found out that the typical turn around time for the DuraTouch stock issues is 8+ months! I'm tempted to just tell them to send it back and I'll put it in an aftermarket stock.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe send them a copy of the bill of sale, and ask for a full refund?

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First they discontinued the High Power, AND NOW THIS!!!!?????

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wait, they discontinued the High Power??

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would argue with a manager and make them take it back and refund your money if the wait is that long. My guess is your gun is not the only one and they have an issue with the stocks and are trying to find another manufacturer to produce them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This is a fairly common problem and there has been a class-action suit against Browning over the Dura Touch stock finish.

https://www.classaction.org/bl...ouch-firearm-coating

Browning has piss-poor customer service in my somewhat limited personal experience. I wouldn't waste my time trying to get them to address anything under their warranty.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ve never owned a Browning pistol. But if I was in the market for a .22 LR plinker, it’d be this Browning 1911-22:

http://www.browning.com/produc...pistols/1911-22.html

Looks like it even has an internal extractor.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Yep!

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's RIDICULOUS. They either need to IMMEDIATELY replace your stock, the complete rifle or give you a complete refund.

I had a buddy had a stock problem with a wood stocked SAKO. They sent him back a completely new rifle of the upgraded model! Browning should at least immediately replace the stock. Being exposed to solvents is irrelevant. What use is a rifle you can't clean!

Keep after them..............dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
hat's RIDICULOUS. They either need to IMMEDIATELY replace your stock, the complete rifle or give you a complete refund.

I had a buddy had a stock problem with a wood stocked SAKO. They sent him back a completely new rifle of the upgraded model! Browning should at least immediately replace the stock. Being exposed to solvents is irrelevant. What use is a rifle you can't clean!

I agree. The only thing I have left of Browning is my Buckmark. Their glossy catologue used to be nice to look at it, but their products do not measure up.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

Sadly yes.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Hipower was my first pistol. That company has gone downhill. When I saw that their long guns were made in japan?

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
A Hipower was my first pistol. That company has gone downhill. When I saw that their long guns were made in japan?

browning, or rather it's parent company FN , has plants everywhere,

US, Portugal, Belgium, Japan and likely more I am forgetting,

some are parts made in XX assembled in YY,,

all are usually top quality and built well (and obviously there are duds with any)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post