SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Caught someone using my garbage can
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caught someone using my garbage can Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
I hate people.
I hopped in Redneck Truck™ to go retrieve my empty garbage can 1/4 mile down my driveway.
I topped the hill on my driveway to see a champagne Chevy S10 make this U turn into my driveway and U turn up to my empty garbage can.
Hillbilly trash exits the truck, reached in back and grabs 2 bags of trash and proceeds to open my can to drop it in.
I punch Redneck Truck™ to the floor spitting gravel and zoom up to the back of his truck.
I lean out my half open door and yell over the hood "You are NOT about to put your trash in my FUCKING can!" Mad
He looks up in surprise and just say sorry, tosses the bags back in his truck and speeds off.

I've found trash in my cans before and I believe this trash was the culprit.
Damn I hate people.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
WTF? Why would someone do that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
WTF? Why would someone do that

Too goddammed lazy to drive to the land fill and pay to drop off or too sorry to pay for trash pick up.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What an amazingly douchebag move

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Silly me. I was sitting here thinking, "It could be worse... Bubba could have just emptied his bags at the end of SC's driveway. At night."

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's pretty bad.... I've been walking around on trash day and had a bottle or something in my hand and thrown it away in someone else's trash can that's on the street because it's trash day (I don't make a habit of this either but it's happened), but I can't imagine taking bags of trash to someone else's house and just throwing it away in their can....

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Man, the nerve of some folks. I only use your cans when I have something really spoiled to get rid of....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Silly me. I was sitting here thinking, "It could be worse... Bubba could have just emptied his bags at the end of SC's driveway. At night."

Last year I was returning with a load of firewood with the splitter in tow to find a dirtbag biker with someone on the back dumping their trash in my driveway.
I blocked him the best I could but he cut through the ditch.
But at least it was real muddy and slung mud all over his passenger.

Ask me about the damn biker tourists.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The office building we had had 3 dumpsters which had to be locked at all times to keep dirtballs from loading them up. They are billed by weight, and how often they are emptied.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Yeah that's pretty bad.... I've been walking around on trash day and had a bottle or something in my hand and thrown it away in someone else's trash can that's on the street because it's trash day (I don't make a habit of this either but it's happened), but I can't imagine taking bags of trash to someone else's house and just throwing it away in their can....
In our area, we pay Our Fair City a fixed amount for trash pickup. It's a fixed rate, not dependent on weight or volume or anything, just a fixed fee that is a line item on our water bill. The city Utility Department handles both water / sewer and trash pickup.

So, knowing that it will not cost anything extra, I frequently put my bagged trash right next to the neighbor's, figuring that will make just a little bit less work for the guys on the trash truck. One-stop shopping. Nobody was harmed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
That is nothing. The illegals custom is to throw their garbage along the road, in the woods or in your field. I have even had them take a crap in my field when working at an adjacent lot.

When they were building houses near the rear of my lot, I would find bags of garbage and beer cans in the field. I would go through each bag looking for a receipt or mail that would determine to whom it belonged. Never had any luck.

So one day I am in the field and hear a vehicle stop. I could see someone throwing several bags over the fence and then drive off. So I walked down the road which is a dead end and could see the pickup where they were building a new house. I looked up the owner of the lot and gave him a call and told him about the garbage dumping. The dumping stopped for a while but you still find occasional trash dumped, beer cans, and sometimes brush.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
we have a standing agreement between us and our neighbor across the street to dump garbage in the other's can if needed and there's space.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
He should have left his deposit at WalMart.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Just stick up a sign next to your can.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
This is why my company has dumpsters with wheels and they are inside unless the garbage truck is there to empty...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time let him do it.

Then go through the trash and find a document with his name/address on it.

Place document at top of trash pile in bag.

Dump trash at local PD doorstep.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
In our area, we pay Our Fair City a fixed amount for trash pickup.

That's how it is in most cities, at least for residential trash service.

For those members that might be confused about why this would be a big deal, city trash service and rural trash service are very different animals.

In the city, typically everyone (or almost everyone) has residential trash service that's either performed by the city or contracted by the city, and each home pays a fixed monthly rate as part of their utility bills. Most areas it's not optional. So it's usually not a big deal if that bit of trash goes in your can or your neighbor's can (within reason). It's all the same to everyone.

But in rural areas, a resident will usually have to find and pay a private trash service for trash pickup. The cost of the service is usually higher than city trash rates, and is also often variably dependent on weight/volume/frequency. This means that lots of rural folks choose not to pay for trash service, for various reasons. The more conscientious ones without trash service recycle what they can and burn the rest in burn piles or burn barrels. The assholes take their trash to someone else's trash can or dumpster, as in the OP's case, which may end up costing the owner of the can/dumpster more money. The dirtbags just dump it somewhere on their own property, effective turning a portion of their land into an unlicensed landfill. And the real shitheads dump it somewhere out in the boonies on someone else's land, or on the side of the road.

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Dump trash at local PD doorstep.

And when the PD checks their camera footage, who are they going to see driving up and dumping trash on their doorstep? Then when they come knocking on your door to inquire about this, what's your response going to be? "Well... he did it to me first?"

If you want to notify law enforcement about the situation, that's definitely not the way to go about it.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The last time we had a new roof, the roofing company had a dumpster delivered to our driveway a couple days before the work started.

A BUNCH of trash had been deposited in the dumpster before the worker guys even arrived to start stripping the old shingles.
The dumpsters at Our Little Airport, placed by the Owners Association, with service paid for by association members' dues, used to be on the entrance road. They would fill up quickly with trash being deposited by non-airport users.

The dumpsters were relocated to an obscure location on an interior taxiway, where they were not visible to casual observers. The amount of trash from outsiders is now almost zero.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Could be worse. I have new neighbors, that, instead of taking their trash to town, or getting trash service of their own, have resorted to throwing their trash in a hole in their backyard. Said hole is full. Windiest county in the state. Care to guess where the trash ends up? Yep, everywhere Roll Eyes.

Glad you caught the guy in the act SC. Using others' trash cans is akin to stealing, to me.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The other day I was sewing up a guys leg in the ER and we got to talking. He’s a contractor who builds housing development. Besides stolen tools his number one revenue loss he was was people driving. To the site and loading up his dumpsters with furniture, dead animals, etc... he said some weekends they will fill 2-3 dumpsters with crap and he has to pay to have it hauled away. Price of doing business I guess.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post