SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Coming To A Complete Stop In Front Of You To Make A Right Turn
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Coming To A Complete Stop In Front Of You To Make A Right Turn Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You and I often don't see eye to eye on things, but not in this case.

I wish that I had a huge NERF Tank which could drive around and run over these people with (harmlessly of course, other than seeing a huge NERF Tank drive over your car). With two huge train horns on it. And maybe a harmless paintball gun in the turret.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right turn on red after stop is the law in most places.
Right turn at a STOP sign after stopping is the law in most places.
Other than these 2 examples it's pretty straightforward and, yes, too many drivers are indeed idiots.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really have to watch myself. The other day, from out of the back seat I heard my 7 year old son yell is "is this guy going to turn before Christmas or what?"

Big Grin Big Grin

I had a friend that had problems with his sons 5 and 7 years old giving people the finger when he noted or swore at a driver for making a bad move. Big Grin They probably picked up the habit watching him give them hell.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand where you’re coming from. The people stop like turning is an afterthought or they’re caught by surprise that they have to make a turn, then they proceed like there’s a glass of wine on the roof that they can’t spill.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I had a new experience today.

In a line of traffic on US Route 1. I think we can safely consider that a Major Thoroughfare, at least by local standards.

A guy 4 or 5 cars ahead of me came to a complete stop in his lane because the guy in front of him slowed just enough to make a right turn!

I literally sat there in my truck with my mouth hanging open in amazement. I was so stunned I couldn't even utter the usual incantations against such stupidity.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I really think we need better drivers ed in this country. Like on a skid pad dry and wet with some slalom action. I hate when people slow to a crawl. I'm in a full size pick-up and don't need to stop.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I agree!

Their close cousin is the idiot who stops at a yield sign, with no on-coming traffic!

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Happened again on my drive home tonight. Driver of a SUV comes almost to a stop, doesn't make a right turn on green. Also doesn't bother with using his turn signal

I'm not saying you have to go around the corner so fast the wheels come off the ground but there's no need to crawl through the turn either.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Another variation on the topic I've noticed more often recently, people hitting the brakes mid-turn specifically in turn lanes of traffic light controlled intersections. Light is green, I'm making the turn and about to accelerate through the turn and the vehicle suddenly brakes for no reason. I'm driving an F350; I'm not exactly flying through the turns.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post