SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Coming To A Complete Stop In Front Of You To Make A Right Turn
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Coming To A Complete Stop In Front Of You To Make A Right Turn Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Seems to be happening more and more to me, I'll be behind someone and the right turn signal comes on. Then they come to a complete STOP right in the middle of the road as if there was a stop sign there, then they SLOWWWWWWWLLLY turn.

WTF?

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

WTF?

They forget they have a rear view mirror and its purpose.

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
My response out loud with someone else in the car is always, "No, No, No, Careful, don't roll it!"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Tucson it's common for a motorist to make a complete stop, signal a right turn then turn into a parking lot.

It's also common for a Tucson motorist to make a right turn from a left lane, after coming to a complete stop, signaling then turning into a parking lot.

Sometimes they don't signal.

Unfortunately, it's against the law to shoot them.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I had someone tailgating me today, so when I came to my right turn I signaled and turned extra slow.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe they're just being defensive. After watching all those YouTube videos of people getting into wrecks, I drive way more defensively even if I supposedly have the right of way.

quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
My response out loud with someone else in the car is always, "No, No, No, Careful, don't roll it!"

This is me whenever someone in front of me slows way down for a curve in a road.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this used to happen a lot out in Snowbird heaven , mesa arizona, the old folks want to know
A. that they are turning in to the correct drive way.

B. that there is a parking space available
C. that the store is open
D. no one is coming out of the parking lot.
E. the parking lot is sink hole free

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I don't understand what goes through peoples heads when they drive. Even when it appears they are focused on the road it seems like they aren't.

And they always swing their Corolla wide like they're driving a semi.

One of my favorites is that everyone always stops at a Yield sign, but they always roll stop signs and red lights. Go figure.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Locally, the rule is incoming traffic does not stop when entering parking lots, but there are stop signs for the cars exiting. It never fails that the guy ahead of me comes to a full stop. Never. Ever. If there's a car on the right at the stop sign, sometimes the guy who didn't have to stop signals the other guy to go. Makes me want to scream. And, for some reason, a thousand pound trike with a loud engine, painted bright red, with more lights on it than a Greyhound, becomes invisible when I mount it.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
this used to happen a lot out in Snowbird heaven

And they are just starting to filter into Wickenburg. Frown

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems to be happening more and more to me, I'll be behind someone and the right turn signal comes on. Then they come to a complete STOP right in the middle of the road as if there was a stop sign there, then they SLOWWWWWWWLLLY turn.

WTF?

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one. Drives me right up the freakin' wall. You wanna turn? Then TURN, goddammit, and get the fuck out of my way!

Wife gives me bigtime grief for my attitude...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:

And they always swing their Corolla wide like they're driving a semi.

Had that happen to me just the other day. At that corner I usually just cut around them on the right side if they're waiting for oncoming traffic. Of course, this dick was over far enough that I got to sit there while he waited for an opening about a mile long...

Posts: 15203 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other day I was in the right lane and some idiot on my left took a right turn in front of me. I stood on the horn a few seconds.

The only thing dumber was when someone to my right took a left in front of me when I was in the left turn lane.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
We must be driving in the same neighborhood. I see them do that for the turn lane as well.

quote:

WTF?

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Disregard for traffic laws and the common courtesy of getting out of the way is just another step closer to the death of civilization.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Can't blame folks for checking traffic in a turn, I can't tell you how many people fly through red lights anymore, it's like Yellow means accelerate as hard as you can.

Its part of my ingrained habit from riding a motorcycle, never pull out first, ever....

Check, check again, check then proceed, I don't care about the person behind me, thats their problem, however I don't try and block the flow, just be sure it's clear enough for me.

Once if I had not seen a guy blowing through a light and held my position not moving and ignoring the jerk behind me honking for me to go I'd be dead. A guy driving a lawn service truck blew through a red light at full speed, probably 50+ mph, being in my wifes Porsche I'd never have survived, heck probably had to call one of those For the People lawyers if I had.

Posts: 23371 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

WTF?

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one. Drives me right up the freakin' wall. You wanna turn? Then TURN, goddammit, and get the fuck out of my way!

Wife gives me bigtime grief for my attitude...

I really have to watch myself. The other day, from out of the back seat I heard my 7 year old son yell is "is this guy going to turn before Christmas or what?"

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
this used to happen a lot out in Snowbird heaven

And they are just starting to filter into Wickenburg. Frown

I don't blame them a bit,

its 90 degrees here as well, but your humidity is 39% and ours is 75%

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I really have to watch myself. The other day, from out of the back seat I heard my 7 year old son yell is "is this guy going to turn before Christmas or what?"

I'dve pissed myself laughing! My grandkids got broke of repeating what Gramps said while driving pretty early on...

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Can't blame folks for checking traffic in a turn, I can't tell you how many people fly through red lights anymore, it's like Yellow means accelerate as hard as you can.

Its part of my ingrained habit from riding a motorcycle, never pull out first, ever....

Check, check again, check then proceed, I don't care about the person behind me, thats their problem, however I don't try and block the flow, just be sure it's clear enough for me.

Once if I had not seen a guy blowing through a light and held my position not moving and ignoring the jerk behind me honking for me to go I'd be dead. A guy driving a lawn service truck blew through a red light at full speed, probably 50+ mph, being in my wifes Porsche I'd never have survived, heck probably had to call one of those For the People lawyers if I had.

I’m not talking about pulling out. What I’m getting at are the people going to turn right down a side street who come to a full stop for no reason and all then proceed to take forever to make the turn.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post