SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I Want About 50 Fanuc Robots..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Want About 50 Fanuc Robots.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I'd put them all in one building full of forge hammers and fire breathing ovens. They'd be controlled by 1 switch on the wall. Heat the ingots, baym baym baym, hammer out those slides, frames, triggers and hammers. Swab that die set with oil. I'd talk nice to them. Get your asses to work robots. I'd flip that switch to make them go and walk out the door. I'd pay them ansolutely nothing. Damn robots... Big Grin. In another building I'd have humans on machinery, milling, turning, grinding, EDMs, hand finish and polish. They'd get treated like employees. No question about income. All manner of good benefits. Stay and work here as long as they like. Good spirits throughout the work place all year long. Hell, Id tell them their Moms were pretty, even if they weren't. OK, maybe not that. Then I'd go to my office full of fine firearms, grab a fine auto pistol and rack the rounds out on my carpet. Put my feet up and have my secretary bring me a big coffee. And that's just how it would be. Damn robots. Get to work!

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A splendid plan.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Excellent. How can I help? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that! Smile

Well, other than all those rounds on the carpet, where you could trip and spill your coffee. Maybe a 51st robot, picking those up now and again?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Dude, you should totally get a FroYo Robot too!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/WupotcLG6eY

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I worked at Fanuc for a while. We had robots that could make burgers, wet sand a car, paint a car, sort mail, act like a chicken, etc. I have also worked on broach machines for S&W.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where do I apply? Sounds quite a bit nicer than my current working environment.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you EVER tried to program a Fanuc Robot, or any Fanuc controlled CnC machine. The people who set up the software at Fanuc don't think like rational or logical human beings, in fact I do believe they may be aliens from another planet.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
No but I have worked along side them. I fed them Ecoboost engine heads and they loaded and progressed them through the CNC mills. I've also done the metrology after they loaded and unloaded CNC lathes. Rather boring if you ask me. Damn robots. Big Grin . Hows a guy supposed to earn his keep if they do all the work ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I program Fanuc,Motoman, and Thermwood cnc’s. My planet is in a galaxy far, far away. They are kinda fun to watch run, but a pain to make them do so.

Posts: 67 | Location: SW MO | Registered: January 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
Have you EVER tried to program a Fanuc Robot, or any Fanuc controlled CnC machine. The people who set up the software at Fanuc don't think like rational or logical human beings, in fact I do believe they may be aliens from another planet.

Beats the hell out of ABB...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post