SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A small thing, now a big deal
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A small thing, now a big deal Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your injury and the detour of your plans.

Man plans and God laughs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wasabibill,

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Oh no, get well soon. Keep us informed in case you need something during recovery.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope the repair goes well.

Now, to the important stuff, I really want to hear how the 6.5 Creedmore performs. Big Grin

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well I got to see The Mob with my daughter last night at The National in Richmond, VA. It was planned before the shoulder got FUBAR'd.

Im still bummed over Red Rocks.

If my surgery is the 18th, do you guys think driving 3,200 miles (round trip, solo) for a concert on the 28th is a bad idea? After all the new car has working A/C. Smile

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If my surgery is the 18th, do you guys think driving 3,200 miles (round trip, solo) for a concert on the 28th is a bad idea? After all the new car has working A/C.

Yep but ask your doctor. I screwed up my shoulder a week ago, jerking the steering wheel as someone was backing up without looking. Lifelong problems can be avoided by following instructions in great detail.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Update in OP

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Heal well buddy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There has been a complication in my recovery. I am awaiting to see what happens.

That aside, folks, rotator cuff repair has, by far, been the worst post-surgery experience of my dozen post-surgery experiences, I hoped to be much farther along by the end of this week, but right now I'm weak as a kitten.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
There has been a complication in my recovery. I am awaiting to see what happens.

That aside, folks, rotator cuff repair has, by far, been the worst post-surgery experience of my dozen post-surgery experiences, I hoped to be much farther along by the end of this week, but right now I'm weak as a kitten.

Word of advice.Dont think you know more than the Drs and therapists about your recovery.Do what they say and only what they say.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

MONTHS of PT lie ahead...and you better do as triggertreat said --> Follow the directions or there will be consequences, all of them bad.
I'd take another knee replacement or another abdominal surgery ANY DAY over another shoulder repair.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Now that systems are ever so slowly coming back on line....

The complication I mentioned was being discharged home, falling asleep, and waking with no sensation in my ankles and feet. Awakening the day after surgery unable to walk freaked me the fuck out. It appears that in my post-anesthesia slumber I impinged the nerve plexuses/plexi? behind my knees. They are still tingly, but I have sensation and can walk again.

The other thing happening is my left thumb and the carpal tunnel area got jammed by the sling. As a result, my left hand is swollen and hurts like a mofo. The shoulder seems okay.

Beyond that all I'm fighting is day three of an anesthesia hangover that makes me wonder why Michael Jackson liked proponol.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
quote:
Beyond that all I'm fighting is day three of an anesthesia hangover that makes me wonder why Michael Jackson liked proponol.

You sure you did not have a more long acting anesthetic? It sure sounds like it.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

You sure you did not have a more long acting anesthetic? It sure sounds like it.

Undoubtedly. I was under a bit over an hour.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
OH, FUDGE.

My shoulder hurts like the blazes.

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
Get well soon! Please send updates to the forum.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Did they send you home with an ice water recirculator?
If they didn't, ask the Doc for one now. It's not too late. Using one after PT is great.

Like one of these: Linky

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
One week checkup today.

while the holes are healing perfectly, the ortho had bad news about the damage found.

Suffice to say that one tear was clearly a full thickness tear. If you look at one end, you could see where it attached on the other side, a side which is now an inch away.

So the bad news is I am looking at no use/no PT for six more weeks. That is the best estimate of when I should have knit those tendons. I fear this is going to be one long bummer of a summer.

Patience is a virtue, they say.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I should be in Denver Colorado preparing to go up to Red Rocks Amphitheatre to hear The Glitch Mob play.

Tomorrow I would drive up into Wyoming, my home state, to shoot my 6. 5 Creedmoor rifle at distance, do some bare bones camping, and spend time staring into the clear night sky

Saturday I would have gone up north of Wamsutter to scatter my sister's ashes.

The rest of the time would have been shooting and reading.

Instead I'm home, with a useless left shoulder and a bad attitude.

Nice is overrated

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest you learn to shoot right handed (shouldered) like most of us and most of your current problems would be fixed....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I was going to suggest you learn to shoot right handed (shouldered) like most of us and most of your current problems would be fixed....

I thought about learning to shoot with my feet...

Nice is overrated