SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A small thing, now a big deal
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A small thing, now a big deal Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your injury and the detour of your plans.

Man plans and God laughs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wasabibill,

____

I'm a bad shot and no matter how nice the gun...I'm still a bad shot.

Posts: 555 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Oh no, get well soon. Keep us informed in case you need something during recovery.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6371 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope the repair goes well.

Now, to the important stuff, I really want to hear how the 6.5 Creedmore performs. Big Grin

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 2815 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well I got to see The Mob with my daughter last night at The National in Richmond, VA. It was planned before the shoulder got FUBAR'd.

Im still bummed over Red Rocks.

If my surgery is the 18th, do you guys think driving 3,200 miles (round trip, solo) for a concert on the 28th is a bad idea? After all the new car has working A/C. Smile

Nice is overrated

And people wonder why I carry a SIG P320

Death to Terrorists

Posts: 27159 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If my surgery is the 18th, do you guys think driving 3,200 miles (round trip, solo) for a concert on the 28th is a bad idea? After all the new car has working A/C.

Yep but ask your doctor. I screwed up my shoulder a week ago, jerking the steering wheel as someone was backing up without looking. Lifelong problems can be avoided by following instructions in great detail.

Posts: 3173 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Update in OP

Nice is overrated

Death to Terrorists

Posts: 27159 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
18 June Update

In a couple of hours I am heading to surgery to (hopefully) repair it.

The ortho said the procedure should be arthroscopic, but like all docs hedged that with a but we may have to slice you open like a walrus carcass...

Here's to hoping its arthroscopic, and successful.

P•ost-surgury update

Took longer than expected but all of the work was done arthroscopically.

Some of the damage apparently was not new, likely from my 1982 or 1985 motorcycle accidents.

The surgeon and put me on a longer of zero activity with my left arm, which sucks.

The post anesthesia hangover has already started.
More tomorrow

Four weeks ago I lost my balance when installing a ground-spiked solar light to mark the edge of the driveway.

A small thing, one might think. Fall, get up, dust yourself off, and motor on.

Nope. Not moi.

I lost my balance on the edge of the drainage ditch that runs across the front of my property. It's not much of a ditch, perhaps 18" deep, with the place were I was standing another 12-16" above the top of the ditch.

So out I go, with a push trying to clear the 24" wide ditch.

Lacking sufficient velocity I crash into the far edge, about which I pivoted, slamming my left shoulder into the pavement, full force. It hurt. A lot. As in my first thought was I'd broken the head of my humerus.

Turns out I have a double, full thickness tear of the rotator cuff, with a torn biceps tendon to boot.

I have surgery in two weeks to repair the lot.

But the injury and surgery isn't why I post this lament, it's what I'm missing as a result.

I am going to miss seeing The Glitch Mob at Red Rocks Ampitheater in Colorado. I am also not going to get to drive up to Wyoming the next day to shoot my 6.5 Creedmore AR-10 while spending my limited vacation time under the starry skies because I'm not to fly until mid-July, and not to shoot pistols, rifles, or shotguns left handed (which I am) until the end of September at the earliest.

All from putting a solar light in.

FUCK!

Nice is overrated

Death to Terrorists

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Heal well buddy.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 11455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post