SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Had to turn NCIS OFF!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had to turn NCIS OFF! Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
I was watching the latest episode (I think) of NCIS on my recorder yesterday and had to turn it off, could not take any more.
First thing, which I notice always, is when they run out of internal problems then they pull up some evil spawn of satin 'international arms dealer'. Point being that these international arms dealers are always evil scum.... has anybody on the writing crew ever figured out that we, the U.S., are international arms dealers?

before I go further, yes I know it is just TV.

The thing that really got my panties in a seriously uncomfortable bunch was this.... evil scum shoots an MI6 agent.... they know who they are looking for and that he is a killer... McGee has to leave because his wife is at the hospital giving birth... So he is down in emergency looking for a coke talking to the security guard an ex park cop.... and sees the evil scum bag they are looking for, been shot in the leg..... he ask the security guard to keep a watch on the bad guy while he calls Gibbs... of course the bad guy realizes this jumps up to leave and ends up shooting the guard... McGee pulls his gun and they are standing there pointing pistols at each other telling each other to "drop it." This goes on for a minute.... just stupid... any LEO would have just shot the guy... then in the midst of their discussion the guard laying on the floor says something and the guy turns and looks at him.... and McGee still just stands there pointing his pistol at the guy..... woman tries to run out and of course the bad guy then grabs her as a shield... I turned the damn thing off....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Show went downhill when Ziva left.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Show went downhill when Ziva left.

Truth.

Plus, there are only so many ways you can tell the Good Guys vs. Bad Guys story. I seem to recall a grocery checkout rag touting Mark Harmon and 15 seasons of NCIS. Enough already.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm about fed up with Person of Interest for the same reason. I quit in the middle of an episode where they pissed away half the program talking about "we're ALL simulations".

Okay, fine. How about simulating something interesting to watch.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Where would we be without 'international arms dealers'? Not to long ago we bought a German K98, thanks whoever brought it over.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sure he wasn't a spawn of velvet?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think that episode was just a concoction of different plots and subplots ideas they've filed over the years and could not work in.

So they said, "what are we going to come up for a Thanksgiving week episode and they looked through their round file.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
NCIS is way past its “sell-by date”. Gibbs should have retired with a hot redhead 10 years ago.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching NCIS at least two years ago.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
It didn't get any better.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Have a friend who is a retired NCIS agent. When I asked Him how real any of the show was he said " they give us guns and hats that's about it".
I know it is TV and it is what is called literary license for entertainment purposes.
Years ago when the movie Back draft came out I spent months explaining to friends who were not firefighters that's not what the inside of a building looks like when it on fire and we do not go in with our coats open with no air pack.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What Took you this long??

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
While I used to enjoy it. The show really jumped the shark when they killed off kate. Then they killed Jenny, then ziva. GMAFB

The show has basically turned into the same script design as The A Team, or MacGyver, KnightRider. Predictability. I suppose they have a formula that works for some viewers but not for this one.

I just stick with ST TNG, TOS, and Voyager reruns and Aerial America. Which basically means i could get by with only two channels. I need to cut the cord.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
What we really need is a TV show with a monkey.

Say, a chimp, riding around in a big rig with a young trucker and they keep having run is with corrupt Sheriffs every week, fight with red necks and bikers, end up solving crimes, get a kiss from a pretty girl, and get no thanks, then ride off into the sunset.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DISH and CBS are in some pretend squabble, and dropped each other last week, so we are blessedly relieved from NCIS, NCIS-NO, Criminal Minds, Hawaii-50 and Blue Bloods, to say nothing of the local Chicago news station. With any luck, this will continue at least through the weekend so we miss NCIS-LA.

I told my girlfriend to post on DISH's Face Palm page that we could do without CBS.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
oh Clyde, you're a funny monkey.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, he's a real bear.

Turned off NCIS after the bombing at the NCIS headquarters.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I gave up on NCIS about the same time as the spin-offs aired. I tried NCIS LA once or twice and realized that while the original was still much better than the spin-offs the collective franchise was fizzling out.

It really was a great show at one time with interesting story lines and likeable characters that had great chemistry together and so it is a shame to see the producers ride this into the dirt.

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
You sure he wasn't a spawn of velvet?

Big Grin Ok, the coffee missed the keyboard and so you only owe me a napkin.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
DISH and CBS are in some pretend squabble, and dropped each other last week, so we are blessedly relieved from NCIS, NCIS-NO, Criminal Minds, Hawaii-50 and Blue Bloods, to say nothing of the local Chicago news station. With any luck, this will continue at least through the weekend so we miss NCIS-LA.

I told my girlfriend to post on DISH's Face Palm page that we could do without CBS.

I believe they’ve kissed and made up now, after the blacked-out Cowboys & Chargers game (not that anyone cares about the NFL anymore).
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/2...ckout-end/index.html

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I just watch it for Bishop.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post