SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A DirectTV CS rep needs to be kicked
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A DirectTV CS rep needs to be kicked Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted
hard in the taint...repeatedly!
Watching football this afternoon and the 700 series channels all say "this channel exceeds your spending limit. Use code to unlock". Using the code brings up a $50 charge...for Sunday Ticket that I already paid for.
Get online and see a $37 charge on the account...which shouldn't be there because we already paid the full amount.

Wife gets on the phone to CS, waits for 30 minutes to finally talk to a human and she is having a hard time understanding the sing-song accent of someone from the Indian subcontinent.
Wife asks to speak to someone else or a supervisor.
The FUCKING BITCH in CS suddenly says, "Oh I can't hear you. If you can hear me call back" and hangs up.
Then she proceeds to CANCEL ALL THE CHANNELS ON THE ACCOUNT!!! Mad Mad
Every single channel gone!

Luckily I can't reach through the phone because I'd be cuffed and stuffed for committing a homicide in a most gruesome, heinous, hideous manner that would make Hannibal Lector think, "Wow...dudes got issues."

An hour and 3 phone calls later we finally have TV channels again. The "supervisor" that we spoke to said she would write up the CS rep for changing a customers account without authorization. Somehow I doubt that will be a big deal AND I STILL WANT TO KICK HER IN THE TAINT!!! Mad Mad

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several neighbors around me have dropped Direct TV due to higher monthly charges or crappy customer service. They said they went back to cable (Comcast).

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call back and ask for the Retention Department. They are based in the US and speak perfect English. Tell them you want adjustments to your account.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Boy, they went to the industry best CS, to one of the worst ever since AT&T took them over. Filing a complaint with the public service commission will get their attention, It did in my case but to much bad blood had passed and I had to dump them. I was losing it on the phone with their “no customer service” and figured it was time to go to someone else or have a heart attack.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I had Direct TV for 10 years and their C.S. pissed me off so bad I left and went to Comcast.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I had DirecTV for about 16 years. I dropped them shortly after the AT&T merger after an argument with customer service after I found an unauthorized charge.

The CS was never great IMO, but with enough time I always ended up happy. I just had to spend an hour talking to enough people to get a resolution. After the merger no amount of time was getting me there.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a 17 year customer before their CS f’d us over and made us quit. Again, right after the AT&T merger. Cut the cord and frankly, we don’t miss it a bit.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of signing up for DirectTV many moons ago, the rep lied through his teeth on just about everything. Never again.

Best money spent on DirectTV for me was the penalty fee they charged me for cancelling. Good riddance.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
I had Direct TV for 10 years and their C.S. pissed me off so bad I left and went to Comcast.

That's pretty bad CS if you went to Comcast who has legendarily horrible CS! Big Grin

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We needed DirectTV repair techs out a couple of times last year for issues with reception. The techs are still great to do with. But neither had anything good to say about the company since AT&T took over.

Speaking of AT&T, we buy GM vehicles and have always utilized ONSTAR because the reception in our northern AZ mountains is stronger than on our cell phones. ONSTAR used to be connected through VERIZON with towers everywhere.

ONSTAR is now connected through AT&T. We cannot get in vehicle reception. We've had our 2018 Tahoe into the dealership three times. It's an intermittent loss of power, we're told. But the dealer cannot get AT&T ONSTAR how to fix the issue. We've been on the phone with AT&T ONSTAR tech support ourselves for hours. We still cannot connect 90% of in vehicle calls.

We've dropped ONSTAR. AT&T is the problem with anything they're connected to.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I haven’t had DirecTV for over 10 years and I still hate those pricks. I’m so close to convincing the wife we should dump Dish now.... Soon!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I know the feeling.

I had my roof replaced on October 13th. I called and tried up an appointment to get the dish remounted, and on a pole, as I didn't want holes drilled in a brand new roof. They said nearest date they could get there was on the 16th between 8-12.

I took the day off from work as I had a surgery consult later in the afternoon.
They never showed up.

I spent more than an hour on the phone with them right up until the time I left to go to my surgery consult. They knocked $50 off this month's bill, and set up another appointment for the 19th, between noon-4.

I took another half day off from work on the 19th, and guess what...they never showed up again.

Another hour on the phone and plenty of cussing, and finally got over to the retention department. That rep was a delight. She knocked off $60 per month for the next 10 months, and ensured me that it was bumped up in priority as high as she could. She said the area supervisor would call me in the next 20 minutes.
They didn't.
However, they did call on the 21st, saying they would be there on the 22nd, between 1-5. I told them to call me when they were on the way, as I was not going to waste more vacation time for them.

Lo and behold, I received a call at 1pm on the 22nd, saying they'd be thereby 1:30. Indeed they showed up right at 1:30.

Tech says he'll replace the dish as my previous one was so old. When I asked where the pole was going, he said he couldn't pole-mount it without an inspection for ground wiring.

I had enough. It had been 9 days since I had live tv, and with my ankle surgery scheduled for the 24th, I couldn't wait another week or more to get tv as I knew I was going to be doing pretty much nothing but watching tv for the 1st couple weeks after the surgery...so now I have a brand new roof with DirecTV dish mounting holes drilled through it.

They're on my shit list.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I just had to call both Direct TV and Soectrum on th3 same day.

Serenity now!

They should force inmates to talk to these people as punishment.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I just had to call both Direct TV and Spectrum on the same day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I dropped them and went to Roku/Amazon/Hulu/Netflix. Best decision ever.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just spent THREE HOURS on the phone to get Direct TV to fix their two "mini genie" boxes that keep freezing.

Have already paid for the three year protection plan done directly with them when we started the service, but since this is a 3rd party plan they do not recognize it and ended up going around and around with them and then having the protection plan company tell them directly that they cover it and Direct TV STILL tried to charge me $99 for the service call and they want me to start THEIR $8.99/month protection plan!!!

Sheesh!

I still don't trust them that they won't charge me for the service call.

Despise AT&T/DirectTV, but are stuck with them as they are the only ones we can get who offer TV Japan.

YUCK!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Despise AT&T/DirectTV, but are stuck with them as they are the only ones we can get who offer TV Japan.

YUCK!

I'm in the same boat, except for the Korean TV channels.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that.

Wouldn't wish them on anyone.

Would that we could get away from them Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATT has always destroyed anything they touched. NCR, RBOC's. Evil company

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I left Direct TV because of their horrible customer service.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post