SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Firing people
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firing people Login/Join 
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I was RIFED out on 1/1/18 this year after a successful 20 year run with a MED device company. I had won the last 2 president club awards for Sales Directors and 6 in total out of 11 years. Based on final numbers for 2017 I would have won again.

I was told the Friday before Thanksgiving on a call with HR, my boss was not on the call and I had worked with him that week. He swore up and down he had no idea my name came up. I found out last week he in fact knew and he in fact straight up lied to me. That’s business I guess.

They were fair on severance and I start a new job next Monday, only now do I realize how bad the culture was at my former company and picked my new position with culture being a strong factor.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Ive had to fire people who weren't up to the job someone else hired, and was used as a hatchet man once for a large RIF. I hated every second of it. And after I did their dirty work they didn't want to do themselves they in turn let me go as part of the same RIF. That was serious miserable. That company was not particularly well run. They eventually went out of business without a buyer.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiring and firing are a part of the essential tasks of leadership. If you are not comfortable in the role, resign. There is always a job in the call center instead. Control your emotions.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post