SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The rudeness of movie goers is so bad that we just don't go anymore
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The rudeness of movie goers is so bad that we just don't go anymore Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Gotta go on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to the 11:00 am matinee several weeks after the movie has opened. It'll be you and MAYBE 6 or 7 other people. That's my strategy for Midway and the new Terminator... Smile

^^^ Ditto
Only time I go; Several week out movie, matinee, MAYBE 10 people at the most. Much more enjoyable!

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I follow the same procedure as the others. High end (expensive) theater, mid week, two weeks AFTER a movie had premiered.

I don't do the matinee showing because then the "old" rude people show up for the matinee prices.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Next time someone lights up their phone screen just give them a quick blast with your Fenix/surefire/etc flashlight.

Trust me, they'll get the hint, and you don't even have to utter a single word.

Ask me how I know Wink

Taser works better

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta go on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning to the 11:00 am matinee several weeks after the movie has opened. It'll be you and MAYBE 6 or 7 other people. That's my strategy for Midway and the new Terminator...

Good God man, save your money! That was 5 hours and $50 that I would do anything to have back. I should have listened to this guy:

Scathing Midway Review

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Wife and I go to very few movies. When we do, we wait a couple weeks after they open. We go on Sunday morning first show and we always sit in the back row.
We don’t want anyone behind us so that we can see everything going on (security) and we don’t have to listen to a bunch of talking....only drawback is seeing people’s lit up phones but that’s not usually a problem.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I went this past Friday night to see Ford v Ferrari at 8 pm a local AMC theater and was struck by what a virtual ghost town the place was.

When I came of age in the late 80's - early 90's, that place would have been packed elbow to elbow with people but it was virtually empty that night.

People are home streaming movies now and not having to deal with the idiots and high prices.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This activity has been going on for years, some people are just rude, cell phones are simply another way inconsiderate people show it to the world.

Haven't been to the movies in a while, and I'd like to see Midway and Ford vs Ferrari.

Perhaps a mid week excursion to the theater is warranted..

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I pretty much only attend matinee showings once the movie has been out for a few weeks. In these instances, there are only a handful of people in the theater.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The theater we frequent started using assigned seating. Great we thought.

More than once there are folks sitting in our seats. Really? It's not that difficult.

Tony

Posts: 314 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw the new Joker movie on its opening weekend. There was a girl sitting next to me intensely laughing in a very fake way at all the most inappropriate times. I don't know if she was trying to mimic the main character's disorder or get a reaction from people in the theater but it was just annoying. She was probably in her early twenties. Even her friends were giving her dirty looks.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
We quit going to movie theaters about 20 years ago. Children crying, people talking throughout the movie, people up/down more than watching the movie, overall expense, endless trailers, people talking on their phones, people kicking the seat back, sticky floors and seats, people smoking and toking.

No need to leave home now with Amazon Prime or whatever is your home viewing choice.

We have you beat. Last movie we went to was Dr. Zhivago, I think in 1990.

I see all these "previews" of the latest monster "hit movie" and all I can wonder is if there is anyone left that can actually make a movie that is not all asinine special effects, bad dialogue and no talent performers.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Back when Olympus Has Fallen came out I went on a date and saw in the theater.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post