SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Product Shrinkage Has Now Come To A Favorite Pizza Joint Of Mine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product Shrinkage Has Now Come To A Favorite Pizza Joint Of Mine Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I can understand the sizing down marketing/ economic strategy but then why not turn it around and offer your old customers a "new and improved" pizza at a slightly higher price and call it 'the original'? I know it sounds flunky but for most folks when buying local from local, price is not really nearly as important as quality.

sounds like what Coke did when they switched from Sugar to Corn Syrup

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
If you buy Nabisco saltines now, they still fill that metal box right up to the top, just like we'd all expect from a good company.

The Ritz cracker tubes fall short by about 2".

Both are made by Nabisco.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
There's a new pizza place a couple blocks away. You know how a lot of "gourmet" pizza you look at it and go WTF idiot in California came up with this combination? Well, this isn't that, but its definitely high end pizza. It's about 20 bucks for a large, but when you look at it and taste it, you know it's worth it.
The place is called Slice 420. Yeah, it's in Colorado, and no, they don't put pot on the pizza. The owners moved here from Florida so they could get their daughter on the pot oil that controls her severe epilepsy. She would have hundreds of seizures a day before, now it's just a couple. So they named the pizza joint (hehehh) after what is saving their daughter.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happened to me last night. My favorite pizza place sent out new menu, same items listed, but says "Under new management" on it. I ordered a normal order I make. Half dozen garlic knots, 10 wings and large pie. The large pie has gone from 20" to 16 or 18", the garlic knots tasted like they were simultaneously over and under cooked, the pizza crust went from NY style to the medium crust that all chains use, and the wings were actually OK.

Fuck, best pizza in town is now closed, will be hard to find family owned, local, decent NY style pizza that also delivers. At least I up for the challenge of sampling various pizzas and picking a new "go to", it will be hard work, but someone has to do the taste testing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post