SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Last Tuesday, I buried a chisel into my left index finger.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Tuesday, I buried a chisel into my left index finger. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, last Saturday I whacked my left index finger pretty good with a hammer

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Ran a 3/4 inch chisel fully into my left index finger 1st knuckle/metacapal joint capsule about 25 years ago. (Using a sharp chisel as a screwdriver in an "emergency"... so dumb)
I didn't think the finger would ever 'feel' normal again, took about 6 or 7 years but it's fine now, or I should say it was, until I stabbed myself in almost the exact same place and severed the nerve cutting a big zip tie with a Zero Tolerance 0452CF while 400 miles offshore a couple of years ago. Managed to patch it up with steri-strips, but the pad and back of the finger is completely numb.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Saw the doctor today. The tip is still completely numb, with mixed response in different parts of the pad.

I've got an appointment with my "regular" hand surgeon on the 25th to talk further about my treatment options. I'm hoping feeling starts coming back before then, but if not it's likely that they're going to recommend surgery. Then it becomes a question of just how badly I want feeling back.

Ye gods, I'm sick of this shit.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
I took the tip of flesh off my middle finger about 10 years ago rebuilding a heavy rotary. Just missed the bone.

It was stitched up at the ER, and completely numb unless i bumped it just the right/ wrong way.

It feels back to normal today, but it took at least 3-4 years to get there.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post