SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Airlines losing luggage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airlines losing luggage Login/Join 
Picture of ACClauhs
posted
After a hell of a year, wife and I get a trip to ourselves. But karma isn’t done with me yet, oh no. Southwest sends my only checked bag to Belize instead of the Bahamas. Luckily, my better half thought ahead and made me pack an extra pair of boxers, socks, and shirt so I wouldn’t be completely screwed. She took 80% of her stuff in a carryon but I was walking around for a day and a half with next to nothing. Multiple phone calls to southwest later, our bag finally makes it to the resort. Such a damn hassle. I do my job correctly and I’ll still end up on YouTube and charged by some upstart DA. Airlines fuck up, oh well.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time, if taking two bags, one with half of your belongings and the other half with hers. Same with the other bag.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always carry on with an appropriate sized bag and a backpack (personal item). I can do 3 weeks international business travel with just two carry on items. Gate check if you have to, at least it will be on the same plane.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
SWA lost my mother’s luggage on a direct flight from MCO-BNA after Christmas. My mother is the type to get to airport 3 hours before departure.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife wants to visit friends and family in Europe, this year. I'm dreading the trip Frown.

Nothing valuable will get checked. Nothing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My wife wants to visit friends and family in Europe, this year. I'm dreading the trip Frown.

Just drive. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Which resort - the one designed to prevent pedestrians from leaving?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
SWA lost my mother’s luggage on a direct flight from MCO-BNA after Christmas. My mother is the type to get to airport 3 hours before departure.

I had that happen. Direct flight from somewhere into Newark. My luggage arrived six days later on my parents' doorstep in Connecticut. Apparently, my luggage had made a side trip to Hawaii.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
another tip... snap a pic of your luggage with your phone before checking it... makes a description easier when you have to report a missing bag.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I travel, which is a lot, I'm often in uniform, and have crew tags on bags; one might think they get handled a bit more carefully. I've had bags disappear, go to the wrong destination, and once arrived to find my bag ripped completely in two with all my gear strew on the baggage carrol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
one might think they get handled a bit more carefully.
Bahahahaha!

I'm laughing with you, of course, but truth be told, I fully expect my bag to get MORE abuse than your average passenger's. The airlines have done their dead level best to get the various employee groups to hate each other.

I use a Luggage Works bag which is pretty much unique to flight crew, so there's no disguising it. Having said that, my bags seem to have a target painted on them. Many of my co-workers are of the same opinion. I check my bag everywhere because it's a 26 inch, and I have just grown to despise the "Overhead Derby".

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post