SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dangit woman, just tell me what you want!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dangit woman, just tell me what you want! Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
Every year I take Mrs DF's car in to get inspected and renew the registration. This means every year since we've been married. This morning she comes into the office and asks where the emissions/inspection station is that I go to. Curious but distracted by my paper work I just explained where it is and how I get there. She wasn't getting it. I repeated myself resisting the urge to wax impatient. Nope. Now she's confused.

"Honey, it's not as hard as it seems. Go like you're heading to Big Lots but turn left one street before. Wait, why do you need to go there?"

"Because my car registration expires next month."

"Okay.......and........Do you want me to get it done......like today?"

"Yeah, that would be great"

WTFreak! Why didn't you just ask me to do it? Why do you make me ferret this stuff out? What is Private Pyle doing out of his bunk after lights out?! Why is Private Pyle holding a weapon in my head?!! Why are you not stomping his guts out?!!!

I love my wife with all my heart, but sometimes....

"Dangit woman, just tell me what you want." was reflexively edited to, "Sure thing hon." Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
They're not wired that way. Nobody knows why.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep.
Just last night,
her: "I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay! I need to ship it."
Me: "ok"
Her: "can you watch me to make sure I do it right?"
Me: shipped all of her crap

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife breaks something by not being careful.
Me, I have to try to tell her how to take care when using it. Her, don't worry about it, I will call someone to have it fixed.
Me. forget it, I will fix it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They cannot. Something on a cellular level.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
For the past umpteen years, whenever the digital SLRs came out, I have repeatedly shown my wife how to put the memory card into her laptop, copy to hard drive, connect to her favorite photo website, upload the photos, order the ones she wants.

Every single time, she will not let me just do it, because she wants to know how. Holy carp woman, you should be able to recite the instructions by rote.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
They cannot. Something on a cellular level.

Yes.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are just appealing to our nature to fix and take care of things for them, knowing it makes men feel better, more manly, and it gets you to spend time with them, taking care of things for them, caveman/cavewoman thing... it's built into all our DNA from learning to survive eon's ago.

Don't forget to bang her on the head with a rock, grab her hair and drag her to the cave after you solve her problem, that's what she wants ya know....

Posts: 23239 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Kind of like "Come Here".
For some nonsensical reason they can't simply ask what they wanted from more than a few feet away.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
For the past umpteen years, whenever the digital SLRs came out, I have repeatedly shown my wife how to put the memory card into her laptop, copy to hard drive, connect to her favorite photo website, upload the photos, order the ones she wants.

Every single time, she will not let me just do it, because she wants to know how. Holy carp woman, you should be able to recite the instructions by rote.

This! Mine has the twist where, when I'm showing her, tells me I'm going "too fast"

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Holy crap OP. I think I'm married to your wife's sister. I love my wife dearly and I'm fully aware that she is way too good for me, but....

Sonetimes she wants me to do something but not say a word about it. She'll then get mad at me for not doing it. The whole scenario confuses the crap out of me. She'll apologize sometimes saying she just has high expectations. I always tell her to just communicate what she wants/expects and I'll do it. I just need to know what the heck I'm expected/supposed to do.

Another one she pulls occasionally is planning something but not telling me about it. She just expects me to go to whatever it is without telling me or checking to see if I have something planned already. For example, we had two cookouts this past weekend on different nights. She doesn't tell me about either of them until I tell her that I need to mow (I have a small mowing business) over the weekend. She knows it's grass season but seems totally oblivious to that.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post