SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The USPS continues to demonstrate their incompetence.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The USPS continues to demonstrate their incompetence. Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Idiots.
The union protectionist mentality protects the idiots from being fired.
I would have to gander that over half of all my packages are routed to the wrong city and distribution center.
Then they take a tour of the country.
Why?Because the USPS hires idiots and there's no accountability for mistakes much less any procedures in place to ensure they happen less frequently.
If I'm having this much trouble, I can only wonder how the rest of their customers are doing.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the USPS- Yesterday I got ichibu from japan= silver samurai money and this afternoon a custom knife from Oregon will be delivered.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leather belt shipped from Ohio Thursday, received here in Florida today before noon. I ain’t complainin’

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I've had to get my postmaster involved again.
She knows me on a first name basis now.
She'll personally deliver my package this afternoon.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SC, I feel for you.... My post office is staffed with nothing but females..... There is only one that knows what is going on and I try my best to get her when I go in.. The Postmaster resembles a female Hitler. Always nasty towards me any time I come in there no mater what I need. Mail, sometimes I get it on time, there have been several times mail has been delivered two to three times in one day. I am always getting someone else's mail. My mail gets delivered two blocks north of me, the people are kind enough to hand carry it down to me and hand it to me personally and not just stuff it in the mail box. I have had at least six different mail carriers in the last five years... Your right, no accountability for anything!!!!

For Those Who Fight For It, Life has a Special Flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine

Posts: 263 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
My postmaster delivered my package about 20 minutes ago on her drive home.
Sometimes being in a tiny town has it's advantages.

posted Hide Post
a few weeks ago I called our local post office and complained about a post card that I had gotten that was sent from about 3 hours away by car. It took two weeks to get here.
The woman commented that it probably got stuck to another piece of mail and was delivered to the wrong address.
She said this happens a lot to cards with the auto mail sorters.

This week, my wife gets her new credit card bill and found out she had been charged with a late charge and that the last payment she made was not on the statement.
She called and they just got the payment that day, but it had a postmark from 3 weeks ago.
My wife pays our credit card in full and sends it out within a day or two of when we get the bill.
So the post office took 3 weeks or so to get the letter where it needed to go??

Yeah, I am with you on the bitch about the post office.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am amazed at the price to ship anything these days. I could not work at the service counter of the po and ask people to pay the price they charge. It is just off the charts in my mind.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
My wife pays our credit card in full and sends it out within a day or two of when we get the bill.
So the post office took 3 weeks or so to get the letter where it needed to go??

My outgoing mail was stolen in Dec of 2011. The thieves were after the checks we were mailing. Had their own checks made up with our account info, but their name. The little shit is still in the joint for it, and other crimes. Turns out this was one of the best things that happened to us. We now use BillPay through our bank. We went from buying a book or two of stamps per month to a book or two per year!

Look into Bill Pay through your bank. It's free if we pay 5 bills a month using their service.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I am amazed at the price to ship anything these days. I could not work at the service counter of the po and ask people to pay the price they charge. It is just off the charts in my mind.[/QUOTE

Check out Canada.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
My recent experiences with the USPS have left a very bad taste!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
Waiting for mount adapter for my rifle. Went from some town im Michigan to Detroit in one day. Sat there for 4 days with no update to tracking. Today they updated saying it's in some dist. center in UTAH. I'm in NY!

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never have a problem with getting packages on time from UPS. Never have mine gotten re-routed. BUT, half of the time the box looks like they played basketball with it all of the way down my street. Ironically never had anything broken inside.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
So, funny story....in talking to my aunt, we got on the subject of Amazon and she was saying that she has pretty much given up on using their service lately. I probed as to why and she said that it was because "Amazon" never sends the items ordered.

This story wouldn't really tie into the bashing of the USPS, except her husband is a USPS employee (47 years) and a BIGWIG union guy out on the East Coast. His day job consists of whatever the USPS has him do @ $80K/yr, and then his Union Rep job is to represent the postal scum that pilfer our mail and such for the exact same 80K/yr.

Well, don't you think Ol' Mutedblade went ahead and connected the dots for his aunt? Sure did. She admitted that when Big Brown was delivering their Amazon packages, everything was great. It was only when USPS got their grubby little paws on it, that shit started going sideways. Funny how things like that work. I called it Karma and laughed until it hurt. Love her so, but she clearly couldn't find fault with the USPS, not until I heckled the shit out of her over the free pass given to the USPS and all the crap that she spewed towards Amazon.

This was all probably lost on her, but hopefully she came away with a more reasonable expectation of the USPS losing stuff, not Amazon.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I never have a problem with getting packages on time from UPS. Never have mine gotten re-routed. BUT, half of the time the box looks like they played basketball with it all of the way down my street. Ironically never had anything broken inside.

You know those items that come with a "hardware pack", and you either get too many, or one not enough. The last package I got with a pack had come the with pack open and the nuts and bolts were all over the box, and some were missing. The driver told me I should come down to the depot one day, and look inside the big trailer that brings the packages to the local depot for delivery. The big trailer, he said, has almost a complete hardware store scattered all over the floor.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
USPS is hit or miss here - I think largely depending on who the carrier is. I don't have much respect for the regular carrier, she's downright bitchy and has that I don't give a crap attitude with packages. When they should be dropped at your door, she'll wedge them in the mail box so hard that you have to fight to get them out - I have no idea how she gets them in. Packages that are too big to fit wedge into the mailbox are literally tossed on the front porch from 15 to 20 feet away. I know at least a half dozen of my neighbors, myself included, have registered complaints with the local post master about her. How she keeps her job is beyond me.

The regular subs are mostly good.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
You guys make me jealous talking about your mail carriers.
Mine is either retarded, dyslexic or both. (I'm betting both)
The ONLY way she could screw up mail delivery more is if she threw it all in the nearby river bottom.
(at least we would know where to look for it)

I've had at least 3 different encounters with her supervisor face to face.
Once I asked, "Can I get a different mail carrier? This one is obviously not cut out for it."
"Oh no, that's her route."
Well what happened to her when I made my last two complaints?"
"I can't tell you about internal disciplinary matters."
"Well OK, the next time she screws up, I'm bitching at YOU! You're the boss and it's YOUR FAULT if you can't make her do her job properly! If she does her job I won't be back, we both know I'll be back.

Now normally in a complaint situation, I tell people I'm hard of hearing and if it seems like I'm yelling sorry, it's not because I'm angry. I'm just almost deaf...this prick didn't get the up front apology. Because I *was* yelling!!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post