SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
It’s hundred, not hundret, dammit. It’s Covid, not Covit. I get so tired of TV and radio speakers changing this D to a T. I know, I know: It's a racist thing to complain. But many of the offenders are professional people and some work for news networks. Their pronunciation is normally much better than mine. They should be corrected by their bosses, but that can’t happen without an EEOC complaint.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I gots ta axe why dis botherin yous so much?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Like you would dread paying a Hun? (Thinking that Attila wasn't cheap.)

I think it wouldn't turn out well if they 'covit' their neighbor's wife...

We have a lady on the radio who does the traffic reports and she doesn't say 'miles'. It is pronounced 'maus' like Mickey's last name if he were in Germany.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I have a southern accent. Some people from hereabouts have a very pronounced southern drawl. Take my doctor's nurse, for instance. She asked if I had any "pa_ane". I had her repeat it twice and spell it before I understood what she was asking. But MSM correspondents should know better.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
150 is hunurt fity

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Here in my area I hear "Hun nerd or Hunnerd" a lot.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Is it five cent or five cents?

Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the State Trooper in North Carolina highway who stopped a speeder and asked him for an ID.

Speeder: "'bout what".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I guess hunerd is out as well?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Judge: Were you found to be at fault in the accident?

Plantiff: I don't know.

Attorney: Were you cited for the accident?

Plantiff: Hoo yeah! I's so 'cited, I peed all over myself!

Attorney: No further questions...

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
And half of a hundret is fiddy.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I was in Alabama years ago and got a counterfeit $100 dollar bill. I should have known, because in the corner it said 1 hunnert.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mountain. Not Mow un. Not Mownun. Mountain. It's got a god damn "t."

The one that grated on me the most was the ex mother in law. "Kwiopwakto."

It's chiropractor.

And for the millennials out there, stop talking like you're typing on aa damned cell phone. If you're not actually laughing but want to try to convince me that you're laughing out loud anyway, just say the god damn words. Or nothing.

Preferably nothing. And if you're LOL'ing about the kwiopwakto on the mowun, then so sorry, you're not getting the job.

quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
I know, I know: It's a racist thing to complain.

No, it's not. Language is not a race. Nationality is not a race. Color is not a race. It's a color. Ethnicity is not aa race.

The human race has no subspecies. Race does not exist. Those who perpetuate the idea are, by nature, racist.

Recognizing proper language is not racist.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Around Boston they seem to lose (not loose, lol) their R's. They pawk the cah.

Those lost R's mosey down to Texas and find a home. Texans add R's to their words.

In Texas, they like to warsh their car and they have money coming in from their earl wells.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Expecially

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
It’s hundred, not hundret, dammit. It’s Covid, not Covit. I get so tired of TV and radio speakers changing this D to a T. I know, I know: It's a racist thing to complain. But many of the offenders are professional people and some work for news networks. Their pronunciation is normally much better than mine. They should be corrected by their bosses, but that can’t happen without an EEOC complaint.

I can do you one better...CoVAD. Coworker bestowed that one upon me. Otherwise really intelligent guy, he just has some pronunciation oddities that make me think I'm having an aneurysm when I hear them.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
And it's not corvid, either. Corvid is a family of birds that includes crows, ravens and jays.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try being hard of hearing in the south while everyone is wearing a mask. Jeebus.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
There is an l in salmon, not sammon.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post