SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Decipher these:

Cappatino: That funny looking hat that Spanish pirates wear.

Concreek: Where an escaped prisoner goes so the hounds can't track him (he's hiding under the bridge).

Fleep: One sheep's worth of fleece?

Torbo: A device used to shoot arrows using torsion rods. Think of an onager using pointy stuff.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Battery pronounced "bat-tree" or "bat-ree."

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Field gold.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked with guys that pronounced Alzheimers as "alltimers"

At first I thought they were joking but then I realized that is how they perceived and pronounced the word.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Verse vs. Versus

I don’t know if it’s just in sports this is taking over, but two opponents aren’t verse each other. Mad

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12400 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Decipher these:

Cappatino: That funny looking hat that Spanish pirates wear.

Concreek: Where an escaped prisoner goes so the hounds can't track him (he's hiding under the bridge).

Fleep: One sheep's worth of fleece?

Torbo: A device used to shoot arrows using torsion rods. Think of an onager using pointy stuff.

Close, but;

Cappacino
Concrete
His Son in Law, Felipe
Turbo

Poor fella. And he’s probably the best neighbor I have.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Complaining about the evolution of language and regional dialects is like complaining that humans breath. The evolution of language is part of the human condition.

If you say “It’s over there” instead of “It is thither”, then you are a hypocrite. Don’t forget, as written there’s a long “i” in hypocrite. It should rhyme with “hippos write”, if we're being literal to the spelling. Wink

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8214 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I used to have an employee who spoke that way. He's been gone a while now but his coworkers are still imitating him. Big Grin

"turnt" (turned)
"stolt" (stole)
"traint" (trained)
"loant" (loaned)

And so many similar others.

(not to mention is frequent "why you did that for?")

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
OH yeah - regime vs. regimen.

Actually heard Ross Brawn, one of the smartest guys in F1, refer to the regime they put in place to try to pull off the season and reduce COVID impact. Perhaps a Freudian slip, but in this case probably not. I know the Brits like to butcher their own language...

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12400 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
"stolt" (stole)

And the similar "stoled."

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Don’t get to close to that “wast nest” you might get stung...

I think that’s a “good ideal”...

If you go to “WallMark” please pick up a can of “wast spray”.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Actually regime works in that context.

quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
OH yeah - regime vs. regimen.

Actually heard Ross Brawn, one of the smartest guys in F1, refer to the regime they put in place to try to pull off the season and reduce COVID impact. Perhaps a Freudian slip, but in this case probably not. I know the Brits like to butcher their own language...

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Don't forget omitting 'of' in a sentence, as in 'Get out the house'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Get out the house, the chimbly's afar.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2084 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Gotta take my car in for an orl change. It's up on highway farty far

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
when we first moved to TN my.son was in kindergarten. We thought his friends name was "wheel" because of the accent.... It was "Will"

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post