SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s pronounced hundred, not hundret, you ninny Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
There is an l in salmon, not sammon.

I've never heard the L in salmon pronounced, and Wikipedia and two dictionaries don't either. It is pronounced in salmonella, the microorganism.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of you are letting this quarantine thing get to you .
I live in south Louisiana . You cannot imagine how many different ways words can be spelled or pronounced . Most of us don't even notice it . Big Grin

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
And it's not corvid, either. Corvid is a family of birds that includes crows, ravens and jays.

But you collect 20, and you'll have a murder on your hands

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is an intelligent woman but for 45 years, I've been hearing about our "pitchers". Not the vessel that holds the lemonade but rather the artwork hanging on the walls. It drives me nuts. I want to smack her in da mouf.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but I reverse the M and N in animal. I pronounce it aminal. Have always done so and a grade school teacher got pissed after correcting me about it for the umpteenth time and sent me to speech therapy. After reading an assessment paragraph for the speech therapist she asked me why I was there, she didn't see any problems. I told her why. She sent me back to class and told me not to come back. Almost 60 years later I still say aminal for animal.

If you can't understand what I mean with my moderate Tennessee hick accent... one or the other of us need to go back home Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
In central Pennsylvania,

TAR could be a tire or a tower.

FAR could be a fire or not close.

My brother spent the autumn season working in a Far Tar. He worked for the U.S Far Service. He was a Depity Far Marshall.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The millennials and not pronouncing t's in their words
Kinda makes me nutty,

Or as they would say nuh ee
Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Around here it is hunderd, warsh and closet is klouzet.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
closet is klouzet.

Clow-zay? Is that French? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9x18:
There is an l in salmon, not sammon.

Webster's disagrees with you,

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/salmon
This whole thread gives me anxiety.

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
So I've been informed. Sounds funny that way to this hick.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Ha-vah-ee. I don’t car how many times you’ve been to the islands, and how you identify with the natives and their culture. You live in AL so just stop it!

And I'll add in "ACK-uh-ruh". If you have the means to purchase one of their cars and presumably have heard even one of their commercials, why? And when your friend finally breaks down and points it out after 3 years of that BS double-down and say "Well, that's the way I say it!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Georgeair,

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
"Ex-cetera" is another one that bugs me.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I don’t car

^^^

I don't know if that was intentional, but it was funny. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
This thread has me rolling. Big Grin

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

A deceased cetera?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’m more bothered by people writing the way they speak. I’m from Boston so sometimes the “Pahk the cah “ accent may come out, but I would never write it that way. I probably have the longest texts of anyone I know since I use proper grammar.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:

A deceased cetera?

He's not deceased. He just doesn't perform with Chicago any more.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Expresso

If you can’t say it you’re not fancy enough to drink it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor, bless his heart....
Decipher these:

Cappatino

concreek

Fleep (this is a proper noun)

torbo

So many others that I just can’t think of right now.
And yes, the guy is salt of the earth. Sometimes he is too much help.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post