SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sick And Tired of PC US Corporations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sick And Tired of PC US Corporations Login/Join 
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted
I've had enough of what feels like all the major corporations in the US running ads trying to prove how politically correct, compassionate, diverse, woke, etc. they are. Enough already, just sell us some shit and be proud you're a capitalist. You're starting to really piss me off.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you're offended. Hashtag that shit and let them know their microaggressions are triggering you.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
I've had enough of what feels like all the major corporations in the US running ads trying to prove how politically correct, compassionate, diverse, woke, etc. they are. Enough already, just sell us some shit and be proud you're a capitalist. You're starting to really piss me off.

Are you referencing the Disney Corp ad that run during the Daytona 500 today? If so, I heard it too..."Disney is a diversified blah blah blah...diversity...blah blah...inclusive...blah blah."

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Any time I hear "diversity" I think incompetence.
Every time I go to my local Wells Fargo to make a deposit I see NO white people (really none) and always makes me think "why?".
Is it just the luck of the draw or are they passing on qualified people just to get "diverse".
Not that OTW (other than white) can't do the job because many can but it seems that they are just discriminating to become diverse and that is just as bad, IMO.
Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am soooooo glad I'm out of the stupid environment where diversity outranked ability to do the job.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm with You. Tired of seeing multi racial families in my tv commercials. Same with groups of college kids and at least one has to be wearing a stupid burkha.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The damn millennials run things now, all managers with no idea how to actually do shit, and HR depts cowing to make it a "workplace of choice" blah blah. Diversity is a forced issue, you almost can't hire a white man anymore.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm retired from a Fortune 500 Utility Company and it was rampant there . The monthly safety meetings always has some kind of bullshit " Diversity And Inclusion Moment " where some propaganda paragraph was read . Then there was the yearly diversity and inclusion CBL we all had to do . But the best one was the employee organization called " Women Of Color " . What a load of crap , although it was open to all races ...

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I am soooooo glad I'm out of the stupid environment where diversity outranked ability to do the job.

I retired from IBM a couple decades ago. I saw that diversity shit oozing its way into the company way back then.

Had one case where a minority female destroyed, intentionally, nearly 1/2 million dollars worth of product. She worked for a peer manager.

After some "discussion" our management staff decided that the proper action was for the 1st line manager to fire her. He did so.

Personnel (Human Resources) told him he could not do so because the last 3 people fired were all black. And it would convey a "bad image".

My suggestion to that 1st line manager was to tell them that he had fired her, and if they wanted her to stay with the company they should just transfer her to HR. She was gone that day.

Bear in mind that the facility had nearly 17,000 employees and had only fired 3 people, yet they were worried about the freaking image.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At work there was a sign proclaiming- By 2025 millennials will comprise 75% of the workforce.

A diverse workforce means lowering expectations and results. Ability and focus become too diluted without any common themes.

Where I work they continually lower the goal so when the projects done they accomplished the goals- In reality the goal is reduced to what they were able to accomplish.

We never fail.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Sort of by definition, millennials are the future. From a marketing perspective, this is who the companies want to reach. If you're in an older generation, you've already decided what you like, and that's what you're going to buy. They want to reach consumers who can be swayed early.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
At work there was a sign proclaiming- By 2025 millennials will comprise 75% of the workforce.

A diverse workforce means lowering expectations and results. Ability and focus become too diluted without any common themes.

Where I work they continually lower the goal so when the projects done they accomplished the goals- In reality the goal is reduced to what they were able to accomplish.

We never fail.

As a non millennial I become the protected class, at least in theory. I know things don't tend to play that way for folks who look like me but I'll take my chances. Some of my favorite recent times at work have been throwing the new HR corporate catch phrases back in their faces to get what I want. The look on their faces when they realize they've memo'd themselves into a corner is priceless. Equity and inclusion are hot right now and I'm having fun.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:

The unseen bigotry of low expectations.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Diversity hires and promotions have destroyed my workplace. Managers that are literally too stupid to,get out of the way but that’s ok cause they’re black homosexuals or female Muslims.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Diversity is a forced issue, you almost can't hire a white man anymore.

At my former employer there was no “almost”. When we had an opening, our VP instructed us to disregard any male applicant. He would only consider a female candidate, preferably a female minority.

After that bit of virtue signaling to burnish his diversity credentials, I imagine he was quite surprised when he was axed a couple of months later.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

I retired from IBM a couple decades ago. I saw that diversity shit oozing its way into the company way back then.

Not to derail this thread, but I dealt with IBM a lot over the last 20 years.

Love them or hate them, IBMers were some of the best. That is until about 5 years ago.

I don’t know what happened to that company, but I suspect you would not even recognize it today. I worked on a deal last year where IBM was so incompetent that my client opted to delay their project for weeks, if not months, in order to go with a different solution rather than continue working with IBM.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oh I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down, jigray, and believe me...it's not only prevalent in corporate America these days. Take the NHL for example...their latest PC/Diversity/all-inclusive (GMAFB) campaign of the week is "Hockey is for everyone", apparently targeting the homosexual among us. Really??? I don't give a popcorn fart if a dude boffs a goat...if he can score 30 goals a year, he can boff all the goats he wants.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
...who ya gonna call?

GOAT BOFFERS!!!

I ain't 'fraid o' no goats!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local (IA/IL Quad Cities) TV station just hired the first MUSLIM REPORTER TO WEAR A HIJAB ON THE AIR! and they've broken both arms patting themselves on the back.

Short article from a local paper:

http://qconline.com/news/local...45-909e2cc67d00.html

Very long article from a liberal paper in Des Moines:

https://www.desmoinesregister....f-local-4/335297002/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
LGBT is the RAGE at the big pharma company from which I am soon to retire.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post