SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Does anyone hate...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone hate... Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife's work schedule is very rigid; each hour in her day is on a calendar. My schedule is much more flexible; most days I can do things at any time that's convenient as long as they get done.

So, it's a natural that I do almost all of the grocery shopping and meal preparation.

Shopping at Aldi first, by far the lowest cost on staples and every day stuff. Of course Aldi is always out of stock on about 30% of the items on the list, so next stop is either Walmart or Publix, depending on what I need, and what Publix has on the "Buy one / get one" specials this week.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do too.
I worked at a grocery in high school and then after high school part time for about 6 years total.
Now, it is hard for me to go in and shop at one.
Funny thing is, that I liked working in one.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wife and I have always enjoyed grocery shopping together. We have always viewed it as a date. If not, I go by myself. Straight in, straight out!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I do all of the shopping- all of it, and pay for all of it. I do all of the cooking- all of it.

What he said 'cause, ain't no wife here.

And the dishes/laundry/housekeeping...

Same. It's a bitch. You get tired, you get sick, nothing gets done. It just piles.

I loathe grocery shopping but I must do it every week. It's dealing with people and lines that I do not like. I game the Costco for the slowest night, and I'm in/out in 10-15 minutes. Stop off at the regular grocery store for another 5 or so minutes. With driving and unloading it's an hour a week. The shit weeks are where traffic occurs, a wreck, or a whole bunch of people. Any time there is a holiday, such as Labor Day, the following night will be a mad house because all the people that shop on the weekend skipped it to screw off. So they invade my night and make it hell. I do all I can to avoid the herd but some weeks, unavoidable. We get into consumer product bonanza season (Christmas) and groceries are a complete pita to get every week. Parking gets bad, traffic, and just mouf breathers everywhere looking to buy their products.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are 50/50, we have a phone app list that we check & uncheck goods from certain stores we frequent.

What I hate is snow. Omg, how many people need to run out & buy bread, milk & eggs just cause the weatherman threatened white death.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I love it when a Safeway corporate bean counter decides (about every 18 months) that they can make better use of shelf space or create more space by rearranging things. For about a month, every item is subject to being moved to a temporary spot to make space for something else, and then the item is finally moved to its new spot. When they're done, everything, except produce, milk, eggs, and bread, is in a new aisle or a different spot on the same aisle. Maybe this only happens to older, smaller stores, like the one here, but it happens here regularly.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
... as much as I do: going to the supermarket?

My wife is laid up with a busted kneecap, so she makes these incomprehensible lists in some kind of chick-code and sends me to the store.

I don't know where anything is and I get frustrated trying to find the right stuff. Invariably I come home with the wrong junk, or worse ("That was buy one get one free! You paid for both!").

Did y'all know there are different kinds of butter?

Arrgggghhh!

Tim
Get one of the free synced grocery list apps from this list (e.g. Cozi, Our Groceries Shopping, Wunderlist, Grocery IQ)

Also, grocery stores like Kroger and HEB allow you to create a grocery list on-line so your wife could pick the exact product she wants (i.e. you're not left guessing).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I do all of the shopping- all of it, and pay for all of it. I do all of the cooking- all of it.

This is the case for me. I do all of the shopping and cooking. I will usually go to two stores and buy the less expensive things from both. I use Safeway app and buy stuff that is on sale. I don't walk in thing I want x for dinner or the week. I find what is on sale and build meal(s) around that. If my receipt shows less than 35% off it's a failure.

Inevitably I forget one thing and she goes to the store and gets that while I cook. Usually with zero compliant.

She rarely cooks. The only exception is if she's making her Philippino food or one of her other specialities. Then she does the shopping.

Slowly I'm learning not to mention to her x brand is better or costs less. I've finally started to come around to if she's making dinner I stay out of receipts and kitchen and enjoy it when it hits my plate. We are both much more happy when I'm successful at that.

I actually enjoy shopping most time and hunt for bargains. I love when I find ribeye at $6 per pound if you buy roast or 5lbs. I'll cut the roast into steaks, trim it, and freeze it and we'll have steaks for a month or two at half price.

I actually go grocery shopping 4-5 times a week and buy just what I want for dinner that night. We hardly ever waste food as I'll incorporate last nights left over chicken or steak into tonight's dinner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post