SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Does anyone hate...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone hate... Login/Join 
posted
... as much as I do: going to the supermarket?

My wife is laid up with a busted kneecap, so she makes these incomprehensible lists in some kind of chick-code and sends me to the store.

I don't know where anything is and I get frustrated trying to find the right stuff. Invariably I come home with the wrong junk, or worse ("That was buy one get one free! You paid for both!").

Did y'all know there are different kinds of butter?

Arrgggghhh!

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain brother. Kroger has an online deal where you order then just go pick it up but not all locations support that. I would be happy if I could make an order and they would send me a list that put the stuff in order by aisles.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
We shop once a month. And I do mean "we".

We've got it pretty much down to a science. We start on opposite ends of the store and meet in the middle, I check my short list against her "master list" and then we fill in the blanks.

That works out so that I get all the bulk stuff: TP, paper towels, laundry stuff, drinks, baking supplies, rice, that sort of thing.

We usually spend longer in the checkout line than we did filling two big shopping carts.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15201 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I do all of the shopping- all of it, and pay for all of it. I do all of the cooking- all of it.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Hate it. Have managed to reduce the visits to grocery hell to twice monthly.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Why are you showing her the receipt when you get home? Throw it out and there won't be any evidence of your poor shopping skills.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shop on weekends around 6am no problem.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I feel your pain brother. Kroger has an online deal where you order then just go pick it up but not all locations support that. I would be happy if I could make an order and they would send me a list that put the stuff in order by aisles.

Agreed. SWMBO usually makes me shop at Kroger when she's under the weather and it is a real pain to find anything without wandering aimlessly for a while! I have found if you fill out those online surveys each receipt requests (for the gas points, you know), if you have a shopping-related complaint they actually do read those. A week ago after I described a problem I had with an item, I got a call from the manager of the department involved who offered me a $10 gift certificate for my troubles. That was about twice what it cost me, so that seemed like a reasonable gesture.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The only reason I hate it is that I end up spending about twice what I went in for.

Posts: 20064 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I don't go by myself , but will go with wife. I don't mind at all.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
The only reason I hate it is that I end up spending about twice what I went in for.

That's me too. My wife can go in and need $87.64 worth of stuff and walk out with $87.64 in stuff. I'll come out with 180 bucks worth.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15250 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like it, and would rather do it myself most of the time anyway.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
My wife does all the grocery shopping. She actually doesn't want me to go with her. If I do I toss all kinds of things in the basket. No will power.

And the few times I have gone it's the same scenario- cashiers are lounging around, no one checking out. So after shopping and we head to a cashier, people appear out of nowhere, magically just ahead of us. And out come the coupons. Or their CC doesn't work. Or there's a dispute about the cost of an item requiring the manager.

No thanks. Staying home is a win win.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I do all of the shopping- all of it, and pay for all of it. I do all of the cooking- all of it.

What he said 'cause, ain't no wife here.

And the dishes/laundry/housekeeping...

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife shops too, at the same store. When she give me a last minute list of things to pick up, I either have her give me a label from the old package, and/or a description of what isle and what side to locate it on. I am not gonna waste a bunch of time finding her stuff, and she knows it. Otherwise, she can pick it up herself when she goes (she hates to shop).

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife goes to the store and gets 87.49 worth of stuff for maybe 47.50. She is the coupon Queen!

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I prefer to do it so as to insure that there will be something fit to eat, instead of some kind of gluten-free, cage-free, BGH free, taste free overpriced inedible bullshit.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I had rather be the one shopping....cause then I buy better tasting stuff, instead of the el cheapo lower price fodder.

Wife will sometimes make a list for me..never specific..like Tylenol...Regular or Extra strength, or Arthritic?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
This woman says, "Never send a man shopping."
Here's why: Link

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I had rather be the one shopping....cause then I buy better tasting stuff, instead of the el cheapo lower price fodder.

Wife will sometimes make a list for me..never specific..like Tylenol...Regular or Extra strength, or Arthritic?

That's one thing about shopping that may well drive me postal eventually. Too many choices.

I want chicken soup. In my simple mind, there are two kinds of chicken soup: Noodle and Vegetable.

On the shelf, there are approximately 4,112 variations, and that's just one brand. And I have to paw through 4,111 of them to find good old fashioned soup made with actual chicken, chicken fat, cholesterol noodles and salt.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15201 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post