SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pedestrians and the crosswalk.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pedestrians and the crosswalk. Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is it that street people -never use the crosswalk.

Posts: 688 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I nearly got my teenage ass kicked at a crosswalk:
A HS buddy I ran around with had an older brother with a very cool car: 64 Pontiac GTO.
I never missed an opportunity to cruise in it. It was a hot summer evening. Lots of people on porches and the sidewalks. We were sitting at a traffic signal and in front of us, a very obese woman was in the crosswalk.
Our driver turned to me and said "watch me hit this fat lady". Before I could react, he popped the clutch, the car jumped forward and knocked the fat chick down.
The resulting chain reaction was immediate and frightening. She regained her feet and began to beat on the hood of the car, screaming at the top of her lungs. Enraged witnesses showered the car inside and out with beer bottles and were quickly forming a lynch mob.
We barely escaped. What a dick move that was! I never rode with the dude again.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately, I think most states have laws that state the driver must yield to a pedestrian in the crosswalk wheteher or not the driver has a green light. Roll Eyes

In Washington, it's against the law for pedestrians to step off the curb when the Don't Walk light is flashing, but they still have the right of way, if that makes any sense. I often have to make left turns in downtown Seattle, and when the Don't Walk is flashing is when you make left turns . . .except when a ped decides to make a run for it as it's counting down 3-2-1.

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post