SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AZMVD...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZMVD... Login/Join 
posted
AZ motor vehicle division visits used to be a breeze.......until they replaced the experienced workers with new people who don't have any idea what they're doing...

example: only need one utility bill to prove current address? Nope, now you need two.

No middle name on birth certificate. Sorry, not valid. Huh??

AZMVD trying to meet the standards of California MVD?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The good workers get promoted. The last time I was in the Prescott AZMVD, they had removed all but maybe 12 chairs so everyone had to stand in line to be called. I was told it was an idea that came out of Phoenix. There were only three representatives on a Monday for about 50 people standing in line. Four supervisors were standing around doing nothing.

They finally called in help from Flagstaff to come to Prescott to assist, two hours wait for them to arrive. But the Prescott computers didn't recognize the Flagstaff people. That was a three hour day for a ten minute process.

Gotta wonder if those requirements you describe stem from the obama years and 'national security' ie, the enhanced operators license, etc

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is this for tsa?

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They're all SLOTHS!!

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, for the TSA "Super Drivers License".

Last November I renewed by AZDL and went for the travel license crap which cost $25. They give you a "fact sheet" listing what documents are required to bring along. Took about 30 minutes and I was out the door.

Today, GF goes in the same AZDL location with her required paperwork and gets nothing but grief. There were many new clueless workers, she said.

Got a call out to Phoenix to complain about this crap.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did she have an appointment or just show up?

i needed one when i did it 18 months ago & was in/out 10min.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
AZMVD...

You could put any state's DMV in there and have it be equally valid.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah went through that a while back, they asked me to bring in my Tax returns, a W9, 1099, yeah I'm going to show my income information to some nitwit behind the counter at DMV.

PIA but I get it, now renewals are done online, no waiting, just a little inconvenience fee for using a CC to pay online.

Here's the AZMVD guidelines for the Gold Star, not that you dont' have them , it lists 3rd party offices, maybe there is an alternative to AZMVD....

https://azdot.gov/motor-vehicl...n/renew-your-license

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Did you work on the title much?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use https://servicearizona.com/ or https://footework.com/ for as much as I can.
There may be other third party places like Footework, that's just the only one I use.
Also there is https://azmvdnow.gov/home, although I havent used it and dont know what services they offer.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
15 years ago the wait time was 45 minutes out in Mesa,
what is it now?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Waiting, you say waiting?

My local courthouse which has the county clerks office in it has been closed because of the flu for 7-8 weeks. That's were you get your license plates and registrations. The governor opened all the courthouses back up July 1.

They promptly put closed for construction signs on all entrances.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Any of you AZ folks near enough to drive to Wickenburg, the MVD office here is our little secret. 3 clerks, hardly any (if any) waiting, and often that's because the customer and clerk are chit-chatting about local stuff. I know two of the three clerks personally, so I'm sometimes guilty of holding up what line there is with local and family gossip/catch-up. Full service office.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post