SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I was bitten by a spider for the first time.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was bitten by a spider for the first time. Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
There was a larger than usual jumping spider on the closet door, so I tried grabbing it. This is generally not a problem since I've done it countless times without incident, but this spider was particularly feisty. After several attempts it apparently had had enough, wrapped it's body around my finger, and sank its fangs into my skin. I flung it to the ground where the dog promptly killed it.

Now bryan11 feels completely justified in bringing back his hair spray and lighter method which I banned inside the house years ago.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So you tried to pick up a spider without a thought of burning it and the general area into oblivion?????

"SHE'S A WITCH!!!!!!"

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
death to all of Satans creatures from Hell! Spiders are the creapiest of all!!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm...

Yes. Witch. Or drunk posting.

Wink

"Larger than usual jumping spider"... as if plain old "spider" doesn't heebie jeebie me enough. That there requires a full conflagration. Nothing in that phrase would ever incite me to try to catch the thing...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Well, Don't do that.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:

Now bryan11 feels completely justified in bringing back his hair spray and lighter method which I banned inside the house years ago.

You banned hair spray, but not carburetor cleaner & the lighter!

You go take care of the problem Bryan11!
It's either that or the shotgun.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Wink Remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now bryan11 feels completely justified in bringing back his hair spray and lighter method
Yup.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Do you feel... different? Smile

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Can you wall crawl and shoot webs yet? Razz

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You'll be needing one of these, just in case you don't have time to knit your own:

http://tinyurl.com/lnuh2mc

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Now bryan11 feels completely justified in bringing back his hair spray and lighter method
Yup.

Yeah, I used this method with a wolf spider on my back patio...joke was on me when a metric fuck ton of tiny baby spiders fled off it's back and scattered everywhere

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

"Larger than usual jumping spider"... as if plain old "spider" doesn't heebie jeebie me enough. That there requires a full conflagration. Nothing in that phrase would ever incite me to try to catch the thing...

I was thinking that since it was bigger then it would be easier to grab hold of. Nope.

It was actually pretty funny, and I kept laughing afterwards. Bryan11 and bryan11 Jr. were disgusted and kept saying things that started with, "See, this is why..."

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:...I kept laughing afterwards. ...

That's the irreversable effects of the brain disolving toxins.

Your done.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
You'll be needing one of these, just in case you don't have time to knit your own:

http://tinyurl.com/lnuh2mc

Thanks, but I was thinking something more like this:

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
To me, big enough to grab onto is big enough for a 12 gauge. Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Not spider related, but not really deserving of its own thread...
I was stung by a red wasp yesterday. On my jawline.
I felt it hit me, then flip around a bit. I guess he got tangled up in my beard because it took him a few seconds to light me up.
Sorry, I know it was probably out of frustration on his part....but he still had to die. My jaw throbbed the rest of the day.

Posts: 6303 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
^ My finger is still throbbing a little, but at least the bite didn't hurt as much as when the snake bit me. (Bonus points for those who remember that incident. Big Grin )

posted Hide Post
quote:
There was a larger than usual jumping spider on the closet door, so I tried grabbing it. This is generally not a problem since I've done it countless times without incident, but this spider was particularly feisty. After several attempts it apparently had had enough, wrapped it's body around my finger, and sank its fangs into my skin. I flung it to the ground where the dog promptly killed it.

At least he wasn't trying to burn it while you were holding it.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, but I was thinking something more like this:

Capital idea!!!

Wait a few days, you'll be able to spin your own silk. Smile

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post