SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My NRA-ILA donation goes to John McCain ???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My NRA-ILA donation goes to John McCain ??? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Just damn,this sucks.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
McCain, for all his other faults, has been generally pro-gun, or at least not anti-gun. The NRA only cares about that, not his other views or actions. They even support some Democrats. Eek

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I am a life member of the NRA and the SAF I prefer to now support or state association, the TSRA.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
“During their careers”

Dudes been in office a long time and ran for President once. It stands to reason he would have a decent amount in donations from a lot of groups. It doesn’t mean that your current donations are going to him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
What, no dems??? I'm shocked!*s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dudes been in office a long time and ran for President once

^^^^^^ this

I am about as militant a never-McCain guy as you can find. However, you have to evaluate the many campaigns he has been in, look at his opponents and decide whether you think the opponent was better on 2nd Amendment issues than McCain. I would suspect that a good chunk of the money came in his bid for POTUS. Certainly we can all agree that McCain would have been better than Obama.
The NRA used to support Dingle (D-Michigan)an SOB who I could not tolerate. They made the point that the House was controlled by the Dems and that Dingle was on important committees and could be relied upon for 2nd Amendment favoring votes.

The NRA is a single issue group, in each campaign, on all levels the NRA should be looking at candidates for their positions in support of self-defense and the Second Amendment.
I think it is reasonably for the NRA to also point out that Democrats vote with the Party Caucus much more than do the GOP. Hence Dems are more likely to vote with Schumer and Pelosi than a GOP member would with his Caucus.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post