SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    AR’s with 3 Marked Positions on the Selector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR’s with 3 Marked Positions on the Selector Login/Join 
posted
I don’t get the attraction. To each his own, but it strikes me as the gun equivalent of putting SuperSport badges on your bone-stock 6-banger.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the same as the giant lifted truck that never sees anything but pavement. To each their own, but it is pointless. I have a few lowers that have the third marked position but damned if my selector can't reach it. The M4A1s I have at work have a third position marked AUTO that similarly never get used. The range we typically use at Hunter Army Airfield doesn't allow full auto. It's a shame since I'd like my junjor Soldiers to get the experience of full auto fire handling.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For myself, I want the third marking for the same reason I want a bayonet lug and a 'full auto' bolt carrier group, as well as, a lower without the high 'shelf' above the selector (and for the same reason I didn’t buy a Colt back when they were using oversized pins): Because, at one point or another, those who are trying to further regulate firearms and the manufacturers who have compromised with the grabbers have tried to water down or restrict what we could buy.

Every rifle I buy with these cosmetic features is one more FU to the likes of Watts and Feinstein.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't have an issue with it.

I find spotless EDCs that have never seen the inside of a holster, immaculate 'truck guns' with Suppressors, and tricked out ARs that have never see a round through them far more amusing that an "A" on a selector.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I like it. It’s as designed and there is a decent chance I’ll be able to get a RDIAS.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Drew on this.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post