SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon! Grrrrr.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon! Grrrrr. Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I have had a wonderful time spending lavish amounts of money shopping with Amazon. But they are wearing my patience thin now, and I am beginning to look for alternate sources of goods.

On December 12, 2016, I ordered a child's portable DVD player. It arrived in time for Christmas and I presented it to my granddaughter. Several days later, my daughter informed me that the device had stopped working. Since it was Amazon, I simply requested a return, which was granted, and ordered a replacement.

And waited.

And waited.

Every time I checked Amazon, I was informed "no shipping date has been set. We'll inform you when we know more." Yeah, right. So on March 15, not ten days ago, I ordered the same item (at $20 more than I had originally paid) and bought a 4 year protection plan.

Today, I went to check the status of the shipment, as I was told it would arrive between March 21-24. My to my surprise, the replacement order is listed as cancelled, also! But not the warranty protection!

So, I've now requested a refund for the warranty that I can't use, as no DVD player is shown by Amazon to be on order.

I have had other experiences with Amazon of late that reveal some of the cracks in their business. I won't go into them here, but just let it be known that I think Amazon has gotten too big for their britches! And try to contact customer service? Good luck with that! Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fpuhan,

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
First, your thread title is likely to get you into some hot water with the mods.

Second, was the item shipped/sold by amazon? Not everything on there is sold by them..

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. I've never had anything but over the top service with Amazon, even with complaints.

As Exx mentioned above, you should read this:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8191014801

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
For me its a top rate company,and is more better because I had a prayer meeting with that ups fool and his lazy shit of delivering my package to one of my neighbors twice in one week.
Caught him in act,he retrieves it and brings it to me at my drive way.
I made him carry it to poach,frosted his ass and got a little attitude,I won as I got damn crazy on his ass.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only purchase amazon prime items because I'm impatient and have never had any issues. I worry about some of the little places that sell stuff on amazon.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
With the addition of Amazon drop locations, returns and refunds have never been faster.

In the last 2 months I've had to return 2 items, dropped them in the locker and had a refund within a day.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never had an issue with Amazon service. I usually make sure I only order items sold by Amazon or fullfilled by Amazon.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I've never had an issue with Amazon service. I usually make sure I only order items sold by Amazon or fullfilled by Amazon.

I always try to order sold by/shipped by. Way more options if something goes south.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
For me its a top rate company,and is more better because I had a prayer meeting with that ups fool and his lazy shit of delivering my package to one of my neighbors twice in one week.
I made him carry it to poach,frosted his ass and got a little attitude,I won as I got damn crazy on his ass.

I bet your mom is so proud

NRA Life Member

Posts: 240 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
And try to contact customer service? Good luck with that!

It is as simple as calling a toll free number. I have never had anything but excellent service. Only have I had to actually call a couple of times.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your troubles. What I usually do is ask for a return/refund on the defective merchandise. Then order the same one again.

I don't think I've ever seen an option to ask for a replacement.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
It's probably because they are no longer being made. DVD's and even blue rays for that matter are going the way of the dodo.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Anytime I hear something like this regarding Amazon service, I think HUH! Really?

I've been a prime member since it was first offered and I buy tons of stuff from them. I've only had a problem a couple of times and Amazons response to them has been nothing short of stellar.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well there's always Sears.... Big Grin

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:

I bet your mom is so proud

Meaning what,at my age I don't give a shit what you or the ups driver thinks,He learned to do his job correctly.
I have uppers delivered to different neighbor,had a scope handed off to a six year old,packages delivered one street over,hell yes I am tired of this shit.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post