SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tax increase AGAIN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tax increase AGAIN Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
My county is jacking taxes again. The vampires and their supporters say the same thing every time. "It's only X amount." "It's still lower than all of he surrounding areas." Fuck. You. Just tell them he truth. We're only kicking your ass a little. Guys around you are being hit harder. Assholes!

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Our county commissioners used to be 2 Republicans and 1 democrat. This year, post election, the numbers switched to the dims favor. Property taxes went up 11% and the dip-shit commissioners acted like they were proud of that hike.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, services didn't improve either.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
/sarc on
But, hey, you can be happy the public employee retiree pension fund is now better funded.
/sarc off

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Let me guess, services didn't improve either.

I've never benefited from county services. This hike is for the schools. Again. A couple years ago they floated a meals tax as a way to keep property taxes flat. The next year they jacked property taxes anyway. I swear these cocksuckers need to be lynched.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They do not have any future projections of services until it bites them in the ass.

My home town of Waynesboro has been taken over by the liberals and even though they have a City Manager type of Government which started there in 1954, they can't get anything right. The High School building needs to be replaced and there is no money for the project.

The real problem is the people employed by the City. They are all related in some form or fashion like brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, etc. so no one will be fired for messing up.

Look what they did to my street...put a speed bump along the edge of the road that you have to drive over to get into your driveway. Mad

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
TLook what they did to my street...put a speed bump along the edge of the road that you have to drive over to get into your driveway. Mad

What's the speed bump for? To keep cars from driving on top of people's lawns?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Welcome to my world. Fucking Californians moving in got damn droves, like cattle, to Texas. Property prices have skyrocketed, water prices going up, and the counties have their fangs out. I'm about to put a bumper sticker on the vehicles that says "Go back to fucking California, you moving here is costing me a lot of money and the traffic is insane."
Every little dweeb in CA just woke up one day and decided to move here. It sucks. They tried to raise my property price 50k last year alone. I'm filing a protest every year and fighting them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Welcome to my world. Fucking Californians moving in got damn droves, like cattle, to Texas. Property prices have skyrocketed, water prices going up, and the counties have their fangs out. I'm about to put a bumper sticker on the vehicles that says "Go back to fucking California, you moving here is costing me a lot of money and the traffic is insane."
Every little dweeb in CA just woke up one day and decided to move here. It sucks. They tried to raise my property price 50k last year alone. I'm filing a protest every year and fighting them.

i feel the same way about massholes they move up here in nh to get away from tax and crime and still vote democrat Mad

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Where "here"? sounds like a place the wife and I need to consider. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our city economic board consists of home builders, real estate agents, and bank employees. Their primary concern for the last 17 years has been how to build more homes with a 7 year tax abatement. The city supports that, but also greatly supports sports and recreation.

There's zero interest in supporting commercial businesses. This means taxes are growing quickly. Everyone just receives a tax increase of 10% to 30% this month. It's only going to increase for then next six years since that's when new home owners will start paying taxes.

At some point, it may be time to move.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most around my area are Republicans, but year after year there are school levies on the ballot and they pass every time. Taxes just keep going up. Enter our schools around here and they are all new huge buildings grand Gyms, great football stadiums, new computers every year, except for one school...the local Catholic school, built in about 1890. The kids from there get accepted to college at a rate of 95% and graduate pretty close to that. Our local school system keeps going down hill on state scoring too. It got so bad in the entire state that the NEA got it so they do not show the scores in the paper anymore.
Throw more money at school, get less results.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel sorry for you guys. I live in a nice little town 20 miles north of Milwaukee that is a Republican stronghold. My property taxes haven't increased more than a couple percent in 10 years and our high school was just ranked fourth best in the state. No traffic, no crime, crap weather. I guess there's a downside to everything.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of the main reasons I'm selling my house is that the taxes are just ridiculous. Every single levy that goes on the ballot gets approved. I thought a couple of years ago that finally people had just had enough and were going to vote one down, but nope, it squeaked by. It's almost $500 a month to live in my house, not counting the mortgage and insurance. Almost all that will be gone when I get out of here.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

Throw more money at school, get less results.

It's a story that just writes itself.

Around these parts, it's almost $10,000 per student per year. And it keeps going up.

When are people going to realize the problem?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proof that local elections have consequences. It is where future DC crooks get their start. Check local election turnouts, they are usually pathetic and progressives are well aware of this.
Progressives know how to win, conservatives, not so much.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People seem to think money grows on trees. People here keep passing levies and the taxes keep going up without any improvement of services.

The same people who keep voting for the levies are the ones the news interviews complaining they cannot afford their houses anymore due to the high taxes.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They're going to squeeze the farmers to death here. Mad

Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
N . C. Voted in the lottery several tears ago with the intended purpose of te money's going to the schoos. To this date I don't one dime has ever been paid to the schools. Everytime thhey raise our taxes it is for, yeah you guessed t the schools.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
N . C. Voted in the lottery several tears ago with the intended purpose of te money's going to the schoos. To this date I don't one dime has ever been paid to the schools. Everytime thhey raise our taxes it is for, yeah you guessed t the schools.

All the lottery money does go to the schools, but because money is fungible, they just decrease general funds by the amount of the lottery contribution, thus in effect moving the lottery money to the general fund. It's such a scam. At least Utah hasn't bought the scam. We're the only state without a lottery.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post