SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Speaking of belts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of belts Login/Join 
posted
I bought two 32 inch belts the other day. One seemed to fit really tight, the other had plenty of slack. I finally noticed that although they were the same length the holes were spaced differently. I am hoping this does not apply to gun belts. Any thoughts??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like to buy the 7 hole (3/4" spacing) gun belts instead of the 5 hole (1" spacing) gun belts. Much more likely it's comfortable.

Very happy with my dress belt and embossed belt from Armour Belts.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think there are numerous methods of measuring belt size in use. And the thickness and stiffness of the particular piece of leather they were made from has an effect on the way they fit, as does the style of buckle.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Take it to your local shoe-luggage-repair person, they can punch new holes to fit, or buy a leather punch from Tandy Leather or Amazon and do it yourself.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am hoping this does not apply to gun belts.

It does. 7 hole (~0.75" spacing) or 5 hole (~1" spacing) are the usual choices. Some leather gun belt manufacturers always use one specific hole spacing on all their belts, while others allow you to choose whichever of the two you prefer. I tend to prefer 7 hole.

(Also note that belt size is often different from your pants size. When ordering a gun belt, be sure to measure yourself as the maker specifies. Don't just go off of your pants size...)

If it doesn't have to be leather, you might also look into the various nylon gun belts (aka "riggers belts"/"instructor belts"/etc.). They allow for precise adjustments to exactly the right tightness, without having to rely on set holes and hoping the spacing is correct.

Some people denigrate nylon belts because they think they look too "tactical". But for casual wear with a concealed handgun and an untucked shirt, nobody else will ever see your belt, so who cares?

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think a lot depends on how the particular belt maker measures for the belt? When I've ordered semi-custom I look on the site & see how they want one to measure.

The next alternative is to buy in person & try them on.

With a holster I tend to like a sturdy 'single thickness'. The 'double belts' can be a bit thick for some holsters.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Get the Wilderness Instructor's belts. Size them approximately, and the velcro closure will take care of the rest.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I got one of these, really comfortable:

https://www.bluealphabelts.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought one of these, as I have been adding and losing a little weight. There are seven holes and it is a great belt for me.

Relentless Tactical's customer service was terrific, since I wasn't sure what size I would want to purchase.
Relentless Tactical on Amazon.com

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post