SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My neighbor's kid poked out his car's muffler.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbor's kid poked out his car's muffler. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
I offer this with a slight grin, because we all know we've done things that annoyed people older than us. Maybe I'm just having an Old Man Moment.

The kid across the street has put a noise-can muffler on his car. You have to go uphill to get out of this neighborhood. His car has a CVT (continuously variable transmission). The combination makes it sound like his car is struggling to even move, so when he leaves we all hear one long, loud grooooaaaaan as he heads out... for about a half-mile.

He's a good kid overall (based on having talked some with him and his friends), and his parents are very pleasant. Good neighbors, truly. I've got absolutely nothing against any of them -- I just wish Santa had brought him a proper muffler this past Christmas. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Next comes the wing and suspension lowering. Maybe gull-wing doors. All which makes the car more valuable.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Next comes the wing and suspension lowering. Maybe gull-wing doors. All which makes the car more valuable.

Ooh... don't forget the cambered wheels that make it corner on rails! Roll Eyes

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
And decals, don't forget the decals!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

I'm not a mechanic but I'm 100% positive each decal adds 10 horsepower.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:

The technical term is “stanced”. Yo, that car got wicked stance!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that muffler mod added 15 - 20 more horsepower ...

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

I'm not a mechanic but I'm 100% positive each decal adds 10 horsepower.

+10 HP

I have one of these on my truck, and one in the drawer for when the one on the truck gets sun bleached.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some day he will grow up and get an adult muffler.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. My neighbor behind me isn’t a great neighbor but he mostly lives down south throughout the year. His kid though was a shithead and our hill is big and you could hear him from a mile awhile. He’s gone now. I wish you the same. Lol.

Love that sticker btw. That right there is funny.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When I was in high school I had a 1987 Mustang GT with no mufflers. It had two cats on each pipe so it wasn’t too obnoxious but it was loud. On cold mornings I would trundle out to start the Mustang and let it warm up while I ate breakfast (it took forever to warm up). My neighbors probably hated me and that car. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Some day he will grow up and get an adult muffler.

Very true. We've all done such silly things.

(Honestly, I'm a little surprised his dad hasn't gotten onto him about it yet.)

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
When I was in high school I had a 1987 Mustang GT

Ya jerk. I was that guy who envied the guy with the '87 GT. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
When I bought my last truck to fix up, it only had five holes in the muffler (and needed a cat). Spent some time hanging that.

A kid down the street likes attention, so he put some spot lights in the wheel wells.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
When I was about 15 a friend of my older brother brought his car, 62 Impala, to me and wanted holes drilled in the muffler and tailpipe to make it louder. He insisted, so I did. It was louder all right, and he was happy as could be. But man alive that thing sounded like shit.
Surprisingly, fumes in the car were never a problem.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a few cars that were loud.
My 2009 WRX was tuned and putting down 408 HP at the tires. It had straight pipes from the turbo back. There were cats, but it was still loud. At cold startup it would open the valves a split second early to “pre heat” the cats. It made for an incredibly loud startup. When I sold that car, my neighbor across the street came and thanked me.

A few years later I had a BMW 135i that I had done some mods to. Turbo back exhaust was one of those. I kept a resonator, so it was a little quieter than the Subaru.

I’ll try to post up some videos later. I have to go to work now.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

My neighbors son did all that except the doors to his car recently.....last week he got to install a new oil pan as well Big Grin

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dearly departed dad would not allow "customization" shit on any vehicle parked on his property. Thanks dad!

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I used to be big into autocross, so I had done a number of things to my ‘95 325i to make it faster. That sport quickly educated me on the difference between ‘upgrades’ that are fast, and ones that just sound fast. So, my exhaust remained blessedly stock. Almost all my money went into suspension and tires. The exhaust did have a few non-factory holes, but those were due to rust, not teenage hormones!

- Bret

Posts: 2461 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
At least back when I did shit like that you got to hear a 440 Mopar or a Chevy 327 small block making their sweet sound rather than a sustained fart noise from an econo 4 cylinder. Dads need to teach their sons to not be such pussies.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
At least back when I did shit like that you got to hear a 440 Mopar or a Chevy 327 small block making their sweet sound rather than a sustained fart noise from an econo 4 cylinder. Dads need to teach their sons to not be such pussies.

A kid driving a 4 cylinder is a pussy now? Roll Eyes

Pretty sure these little pussy 4 cylinders would mop up the track with those 440 Mopar and 327s. Drive that little 4 cylinder to the track with air conditioning, beat those old dinosaurs, then drive back home with air conditioning.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post