SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My neighbor's kid poked out his car's muffler.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My neighbor's kid poked out his car's muffler. Login/Join 
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I had a 70 charger that I wedged a hemi into in the late 70's. Headers with "woody woodpecker" mufflers dumped out the side under the doors. It was a fire breathing earth rumbling machine.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
There's no reason for a car or a motorcycle to have a loud exhaust. You're not driving a race-car or race-bike, and those belong on a dedicated track, so all you're going is disturbing the peace.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
At least back when I did shit like that you got to hear a 440 Mopar or a Chevy 327 small block making their sweet sound rather than a sustained fart noise from an econo 4 cylinder. Dads need to teach their sons to not be such pussies.

A kid driving a 4 cylinder is a pussy now? Roll Eyes

Pretty sure these little pussy 4 cylinders would mop up the track with those 440 Mopar and 327s. Drive that little 4 cylinder to the track with air conditioning, beat those old dinosaurs, then drive back home with air conditioning.

2.5l flat 4 that was making 408 at the wheels. It ran mid 11’s in the 1/4 mile with the AC on. Yes, you’re exactly right.

The E63 was stock, and ran low 11’s with the AC on. It sounded pretty awesome too.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no need for more than 100 HP. So there.
We need a HP ban to save the planet. It's for the children

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

This poor little Subaru now sounds like it only has 30 HP, and is flogging every one of them! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
At least back when I did shit like that you got to hear a 440 Mopar or a Chevy 327 small block making their sweet sound rather than a sustained fart noise from an econo 4 cylinder. Dads need to teach their sons to not be such pussies.

A kid driving a 4 cylinder is a pussy now? Roll Eyes

Pretty sure these little pussy 4 cylinders would mop up the track with those 440 Mopar and 327s. Drive that little 4 cylinder to the track with air conditioning, beat those old dinosaurs, then drive back home with air conditioning.

Wow. Must have struck one of your sensitive nerves there.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
You have to emphasize what you do have....four screaming cylinders! The first kid who thought that was a good sound should have been shot...it's a veritable pandemic at this point

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
You have to emphasize what you do have....four screaming cylinders! The first kid who thought that was a good sound should have been shot...it's a veritable pandemic at this point

The Offenhauser 4 cylinder dominated Indy for close to 50 years, so IMO taint nothing bad about a screaming 4 cylinder.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Yes, those engines can be extensively "tuned" to make lots of horsepower. Roll Eyes But putting a loud-ass muffler on them with no other changes just makes noise. What's next, a body kit (unpainted because good paint jobs are expensive)? How about a wooden deck lid wing? Maybe a "Type R" sticker? Why, those are good for 30 hp. all by themselves.
quote:
The Offenhauser 4 cylinder dominated Indy for close to 50 years, so IMO taint nothing bad about a screaming 4 cylinder.

Well, save it for Indy, then, not a quiet neighborhood at 3 AM.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
The BMW had a great sounding exhaust. It was just straight pipes with a resonator. 3.0 l inline six cylinder, with a twin scroll turbo.

Subaru

BMW

BMW doing a burnout

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prior to leaving California, many years ago.
A high school kid went to the off-road shop with his week old Toyota 4x4 pickup.

He ordered a four inch suspension lift w/ four expensive shocks per wheel.

Four days after completing the modifications, the rich kid came back to the shop and complained vehimently about the most annoying ride quality.

The shop owner handed the kid a drill and bit.

The kid proceeded to drill out 12 of the shocks , there was oil everywhere.

The ride got better, just that quick.
Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lately I've been hearing my share of Hip Hop from speakers mounted underneath some cars..not sure why they feel the need to share with the rest of us on the roads.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EUROFAN:
..not sure why they feel the need to share with the rest of us on the roads.

If you're on the road, you've got some protection from it. Feel sorry for those of us asleep in our beds at that 3:00 AM. Its just because they're assholes.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post