SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bank ATM and parking spots in general.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bank ATM and parking spots in general. Login/Join 
Duke of Detroit
posted
In today's world, people are switching to more and more SUV's, and pickup trucks. A whole lot of parking lots still have them smaller spots resulting in door dings and asshats who park too damn close. Also, there are a lot of banks that have a drive thru ATM that is really narrow. I have to fold the mirror in, stretch out of the vehicle to reach the buttons and take the cash from the machine. It was a tad windy today and my $100 almost went bye bye from my fingers because of the placement of the dispenser. I think I have to work on my laziness. Roll Eyes

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've tried using the drive-up at my credit union a few times and have always found it to be a hassle. I resorted to just getting my money out of the walk-up in the evening, when there are less people around and plenty of parking available.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I go inside. It’s cool in there and sometimes they have free popcorn. Once they were even giving away second-hand paperclips.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I've tried using the drive-up at my credit union a few times and have always found it to be a hassle. I resorted to just getting my money out of the walk-up in the evening, when there are less people around and plenty of parking available.
Around here if you're using the walk-up, especially in the evening, you better have eyes in back of your head. Three yoofs were kind of crowding me, I asked them to please step back and give me some room. They gave me the "no hablo" routine. I reached in my pocket for my wallet and sort of accidentally brushed my shirt back, oops! -- my pistol was briefly exposed. Entirely accidentally, you understand.

All of a sudden the yoofs did "hablo" and decided to back off and give me the room that I had requested.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried going inside in hopes of a faster transaction. Nope! The tellers were all busy with drive through customers.
Come on, Moneybags Bank, hire a couple of people already!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ATM at my bank is set on a sloping driveway -- sloping away, so you have to really stretch to reach it. Not only that, but the afternoon sun reflects off the screen making it nearly impossible to read.

My solution, stop the car before I get to the ATM, get out and do my transaction. Somewhat inconvenient, but easier than stretching up from my Chevy Cruze or down and sideways from my former ride, Grand Cherokee. Less chance of my cash blowing away, too.

Works for me! Smile

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I tried going inside in hopes of a faster transaction. Nope! The tellers were all busy with drive through customers.
Come on, Moneybags Bank, hire a couple of people already!

Banks also have ATMs inside, now. WF has them, and you can w/d much more than the usual limit from the external ATMs.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel at, forgive me for using the term, a tactical disadvantage at a drive thru ATM. I was once blocked in at one. Never again. If in a shady neighborhood, wifey watches my back. But I usually get cash at the grocery store.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have an F250 with towing mirrors on it.
I usually go in now. The bad thing is if you are armed....lock box.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
In today's world, people are switching to more and more SUV's, and pickup trucks. A whole lot of parking lots still have them smaller spots resulting in door dings and asshats who park too damn close.
I pride myself in parking my truck dead center and parallel to the parking lines. I'm far from skinny, but what really chafes my ass is people who intentionally park with the passenger side on the line so their fat ass has more room to get out of the driver side. It the whole hooray for me and screw everyone else attitude that irks me plus I hate having to crawl through the passenger side to get into the driver's seat. If you're too fat to park dead center in a parking spot then park further out and walk further.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
First world problem.

My bank is a member of the Allpoint Network. That means every CVS, Walgreen's, Sunoco, etc. are my free ATMs.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I bought a small car to keep the miles off my truck. I can't win though, the truck is too tall for the ATM while the car is too short.

The parking spaces with landscaping shrubs next to and behind them really get me.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post