SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours. Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
So I've seen the commercials for Touch Of Modern and thought I'd check it out. After just a moment the pop-up box wants to know my email to continue, or so it looks. When I place the cursor in the box google autofills, and as I'm looking at this I can read that I can continue WITHOUT it..... TOO LATE, without completing the box it captured the email and sends me stuff twice a day! First one came just after I exited the pop up without even completing it.

I already hate this site, 'FUCKEM. Blocked as SPAM.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same damn thing happened to me. Beach Camera pesters the crap out of me too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Nordstrom’s. Signed up to get alerts about their semi-annual sales as I buy their slacks and some shirts for work. Holy hell do they ever feel the need to email you about every trendy (read stupid) new arrival to the men’s line. Just what I need, track pants with the crotch down at my knees.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Jomashop.

Damn them for making me covet more watches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Pretty much anything political related. It's clear they sold my info and it makes me mad that I ever donated to a few of them. I will certainly never make that mistake again.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I too made the mistake of checking out T.O.M. Kinda like Sharper Image or Hammacher Schlemmer, maybe something interesting. Turns out no, mostly overpriced dust collectors, silliness and stuff you'd be ashamed to have. But the emails Eek Mad , just stop.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
  • Sierra Trading Post
  • NRA

Even after I've repeatedly told them to take me off their lists.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Unless things have changed, don't sign up for Front Sight's (the firearms trainer in NV) e-mail list.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bought the deal iWatch at Macy's and instantly get hit with twice a day spam mail, same for Jaques Penne', unsubscribed on both and it's been spam free since.

Good companies know that continuing to hit people with emails they don't want runs off future customers, I don't blame either for hitting me with spam, since it's the holidays I knew it was coming, but they did stop when asked.

You need a backup email for online purchases and inquiry if they spam you who cares.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
AOPA, aircraft owners and pilots association. They are relentless.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I got tired of their pontificating. Dropped membership, told them to take me off their mailing list, have not been bothered once. No email, no US Postal mail, no phone calls, no nothing. Life is Good.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Everybody mass emails today. It's a standard business practice. What's annoying are the unsubscribe requests that go un-honored.

My solution is one of two: Use a disposable email address (e.g., mailinator.com) or set up a free email account (Google, Yahoo, etc.) used only for online shopping and research. I have a private email that I give out only to friends, family and close acquaintances. It's the one I monitor.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Fuckers at Dollar Rent a Car need to be on this list.

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a watch through Crown and Caliber. They seem to be a good outfit otherwise but the problem with them is pop-ups not e-mails. They are all over my screen now.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I got tired of their pontificating. Dropped membership, told them to take me off their mailing list, have not been bothered once. No email, no US Postal mail, no phone calls, no nothing. Life is Good.

I did the same thing... about 15 years ago. About 6 months ago the junk mail started again.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight and any cigar vendor you ever purchase from.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Bravo Concealment and Grunt Style are my two worst offenders.

Daily emails. Sometimes multiple times per day.

Great gear, but enough already.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SheepdogIHSV
posted Hide Post
We use a "dump email" address for this purpose and seldom check it.

Luke 22:36

Posts: 87 | Registered: December 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lorna's House of Dildos

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post