SIGforum
Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/2530054054

December 04, 2018, 11:24 PM
preten2b
Websites that email aggressively, my warning is Touch Of Modern. Add yours.
So I've seen the commercials for Touch Of Modern and thought I'd check it out. After just a moment the pop-up box wants to know my email to continue, or so it looks. When I place the cursor in the box google autofills, and as I'm looking at this I can read that I can continue WITHOUT it..... TOO LATE, without completing the box it captured the email and sends me stuff twice a day! First one came just after I exited the pop up without even completing it.

I already hate this site, 'FUCKEM. Blocked as SPAM.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis
December 05, 2018, 01:42 AM
YooperSigs
Same damn thing happened to me. Beach Camera pesters the crap out of me too!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
December 05, 2018, 05:15 AM
SigM4
Nordstrom’s. Signed up to get alerts about their semi-annual sales as I buy their slacks and some shirts for work. Holy hell do they ever feel the need to email you about every trendy (read stupid) new arrival to the men’s line. Just what I need, track pants with the crotch down at my knees.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…
December 05, 2018, 06:11 AM
Mars_Attacks
Jomashop.

Damn them for making me covet more watches.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
December 07, 2018, 09:43 AM
Brett B
Pretty much anything political related. It's clear they sold my info and it makes me mad that I ever donated to a few of them. I will certainly never make that mistake again.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/
December 07, 2018, 11:45 AM
Ripley
I too made the mistake of checking out T.O.M. Kinda like Sharper Image or Hammacher Schlemmer, maybe something interesting. Turns out no, mostly overpriced dust collectors, silliness and stuff you'd be ashamed to have. But the emails Eek Mad , just stop.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
December 07, 2018, 12:09 PM
lkdr1989

Even after I've repeatedly told them to take me off their lists.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
December 12, 2018, 06:05 PM
egregore
Unless things have changed, don't sign up for Front Sight's (the firearms trainer in NV) e-mail list.
December 13, 2018, 11:30 AM
HRK
Bought the deal iWatch at Macy's and instantly get hit with twice a day spam mail, same for Jaques Penne', unsubscribed on both and it's been spam free since.

Good companies know that continuing to hit people with emails they don't want runs off future customers, I don't blame either for hitting me with spam, since it's the holidays I knew it was coming, but they did stop when asked.

You need a backup email for online purchases and inquiry if they spam you who cares.
December 13, 2018, 01:22 PM
pbramlett
AOPA, aircraft owners and pilots association. They are relentless.

Regards,

P.
December 13, 2018, 01:25 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I got tired of their pontificating. Dropped membership, told them to take me off their mailing list, have not been bothered once. No email, no US Postal mail, no phone calls, no nothing. Life is Good.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
December 13, 2018, 01:38 PM
fpuhan
Everybody mass emails today. It's a standard business practice. What's annoying are the unsubscribe requests that go un-honored.

My solution is one of two: Use a disposable email address (e.g., mailinator.com) or set up a free email account (Google, Yahoo, etc.) used only for online shopping and research. I have a private email that I give out only to friends, family and close acquaintances. It's the one I monitor.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
December 15, 2018, 05:55 PM
BigWhup
Fuckers at Dollar Rent a Car need to be on this list.
December 16, 2018, 02:12 PM
NK402
Bought a watch through Crown and Caliber. They seem to be a good outfit otherwise but the problem with them is pop-ups not e-mails. They are all over my screen now.
December 17, 2018, 01:46 PM
qxsoup
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
I got tired of their pontificating. Dropped membership, told them to take me off their mailing list, have not been bothered once. No email, no US Postal mail, no phone calls, no nothing. Life is Good.

I did the same thing... about 15 years ago. About 6 months ago the junk mail started again.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

December 17, 2018, 02:00 PM
Krazeehorse
Harbor Freight and any cigar vendor you ever purchase from.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
December 17, 2018, 02:13 PM
RogueJSK
Bravo Concealment and Grunt Style are my two worst offenders.

Daily emails. Sometimes multiple times per day.

Great gear, but enough already.
December 17, 2018, 05:36 PM
SheepdogIHSV
We use a "dump email" address for this purpose and seldom check it.

Luke 22:36
December 17, 2018, 06:09 PM
parabellum
Lorna's House of Dildos
December 18, 2018, 12:45 PM
parabellum
Dang, that was a show-stopper. Razz