SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ring doorbell tip of the day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring doorbell tip of the day Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted
When reinstalling it to the Ring approved bracket hold it securely while tightening the two screws at the bottom. And do not allow it to slip off and into a small puddle of water.

That is all.......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I follow. How else are you gonna clean it if you can't let it soak in a puddle of water every so often? Don't forget the soap! Gotta get those insides nice and clean somehow!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better I launched two pork roasts and juice coating the entire fridge interior today. Fun times.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Ha! Once upon a time when I was changing the battery in my original Ring I dropped the security screw and it fell in the little crack between the sidewalk and the house never to be found again. Luckily they give you 2 screws.

Since I moved in November to a new house I bought the Ring Pro and don't have to change the battery anymore.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
If it makes you feel any better I launched two pork roasts and juice coating the entire fridge interior today. Fun times.

I can just imagine how you feel. I don't like having to clean the insides of the microwave because the wife can't reach it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I got tired of inserting the screw at the bottom and have left it out now for over a year. My removable case at the bottom is so hard to remove without the screw for battery recharging, I just said "screw it" pun intended Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took the safety off of my 938 and the spring shot off and nailed me right in my left eye. Never found the damn spring either so that made it even better

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

I don't like having to clean the insides of the microwave because the wife can't reach it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

I don't like having to clean the insides of the microwave because the wife can't reach it.

I tried that once. I couldn't sit for a week and had to waddle when I walked.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:

Under counter microwaves, my friend. It's been scientifically verified that women's feet are evolved to fit perfectly under the edges of the kitchen counters... Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If someone can sue because the instructions on the can didn't say - do not use glue spray as hair spray

.... then it seems you can certainly point out that Ring failed to tell you to watch out for puddles. LOL

Might call them... not for the reasons above. They might have mercy and replace the item or give you a big break on price.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Actually RING stepped up to the plate. While I was busy dropping the doorbell into the puddle on the steel chair the tech person had me on hold, when she came back on, that is when I told her that I screwed up and dropped it, got it wet and now it was a mini brick. I thanked her for her assistance anyway and told her that I would have to get another doorbell and if I had anymore problems I would call them when I set it up.

At that point the lady offered to email me a code for 30 percent off any RING product that I ordered from their website together with free shipping. The next day the code came in, I now have the newest model on order, the one I gave the soaker to was from 2016 so it is a nice upgrade with more features.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post