SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon pushing Black Lives Matter

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Amazon pushing Black Lives Matter Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
On Prime Video, on Kindle, they are pushing this false narrative on their customers. This is the first time they’ve gotten involved in politics like this.
I’ve responded in the Feedback session of Kindle, on Prime Video, and an e-mail to jeff@amazon.com.

I’m desperate for either (1) Federal anti-trust action to break up the company or (2) successful emergence of real competition. I would love to tell them to fuck it, but there is no decent alternative.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Virture signalling. Starbucks reversed their policy and will now allow baristas to wear BLM shirts.
On the other hand Amazon quietly cancelled their facial recognition program which they planned on selling to law enforcement.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My wife and I send almost daily messages to amazon about this issue. The representatives get pretty defensive when we suggest they could have accomplished this without the fanfare, and does bozoes respect 'blue lives' and how much does a blm family spend vs a law enforcement family.

We have purchased a lot from bozoes in the past, but that came to an end with his blm campaign.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
didn't blm protesters burn a amazon shipping warehouse in CA last week?

Maybe not, I did read there are questions asked.
https://losangeles.cbslocal.co...pts-amazon-redlands/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
if blm burned an amazon warehouse, maybe this donation is more of an extortion payout?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'd already ceased doing any more business with Amazon than absolutely necessary. They've been on the razor's edge of our cancelling Prime for a year or two already. This won't do it, but it's moved it closer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don’t understand why businesses that are not obviously left/right winged would advertise their political views either direction.

I understand gun businesses or other businesses that obviously lean one way or the other posting stuff online about political nonsense, but amazon sells electronics and tshirts (obviously other stuff too) ... who cares what their political view is and why would they alienate the portion of the population that doesn’t agree with them.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Report This Post