SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Always keep your shipping receipts!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Always keep your shipping receipts! Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I normally have a stack of shipping receipt from items I've shipped. I dropped a rifle off at FedEx last week and the customer asked me when to expect it. I said I'd get a tracking number back to him.

I go to my shipping history in FedEx and there is no shipment logged in my profile! The whole record of that shipment disappeared! I have a stack of receipts for packages I've dropped off and this one is gone. Can't find it.

Just to be sure, I went to my web history for the day I created the label and sure enough, my history shows I finalized and printed a shipment. But there's no record of the shipment in the FedEx system!

I called customer dis-service and they were of no help at all. I asked them to look up my shipping history for my business account on their end, but they said they can't look up my shipping history for my account. All they could offer was to transfer me to tech support.

I watched the guy scan my package and give me a receipt, but there's no record of it at all. Hopefully, the package will show up in the next day or two anyway. I noticed that there was a shipment from last month that was showing as "In possession" but it was delivered long ago and I've talked to the recipient since then so I know their system isn't always accurate.

Somewhere out there is a package with my name and phone number and the customers name and phone number. I don't see why they can't look up my account history.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. You have the tracking number, since you printed out the label, stuck it on the box, then shipped, right? So, what does the tracking system say, when you entered the tracking number? Nothing? That's weird.

Yes, I always ask for scan and receipt at the counter, whenever I drop a package off.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm confused. You have the tracking number, since you printed out the label, stuck it on the box, then shipped, right? So, what does the tracking system say, when you entered the tracking number? Nothing? That's weird.

I Agree
if you can see you printed the label ,
it is in your history , You should be able to see the label again and track it that way

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always take a cell photo, too, just in case.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I always get an email notice of my shipments too I think?

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well, good news! I found the receipt between my passenger seat and my center console. It's out for delivery today.

If I look in my internet browser history for the day I created the label, it only showed a web address and a summary "Print shipping label". When I clicked on the web address, it rerouted me to the FedEx home page because the link in my history was no longer recognized by FedEx. There was no way I could get the tracking number or proof that I created the label on the internet or on my shipping history on FedEx.

Once I found the receipt, I punched in the tracking number and all the info showed up. I now have documentation. Whew! I always have them send me updates, but for this one, the system never did.

I think from now on I'll print two shipping labels and throw one in a file in my file cabinet. I'll also make sure I throw all the drop-off receipts in the same file.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Well, good news! I found the receipt between my passenger seat and my center console. It's out for delivery today.

This little important fact, left out from the OP, could have saved me from the confusion. Wink

quote:
I think from now on I'll print two shipping labels and throw one in a file in my file cabinet. I'll also make sure I throw all the drop-off receipts in the same file.

Tony.

I always do this.

Also, if you haven't done so before, have FedEx email notify the buyer (in addition to notifying you) of tracking progress. Minutes after you print out the shipping label, buyer will receive notification from FedEx.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post