SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Man, I hate Car Insurance Commercials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man, I hate Car Insurance Commercials Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
Flo, Mahommes, Rogers, The General, The Geico Animal, The Mayhem Dude. The same crap every few minutes.

Speaks to the profit levels in the insurance markets.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A new dean winters commercial makes me laugh the first couple airings. After that they get old and the rest of the insurance commercials suck. Flo is annoying

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The worst one for me is Liberty Mutual with that Emu. Who came up with using such a creepy, unattractive animal in a TV commercial. Makes me glad that after 66 years of coverage, I dumped Liberty Mutual for USAA. Their service had gotten as bad as their commercials.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The Emu ones are terrible. Then again, they all are. I don’t know what’s worse. The insurance commercials or drug commercials.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
At least the Emu isn't bad as Petyon acting like a dumbass. Does anybody think their insurance will be cheaper after they wrote a check to Shaq? The Emu looks bigger because Doug has to be about five feet tall. At least GEICO has a happy camel...

Most of the time, they have to pander to the lowest of the low. Then try to come up with some 'clever' idea so they can repeat the slogan three times.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to know why you see so many auto insurance commercials? Next time you're on the interstate, count the cars coming toward you in a 5 minute period. Figure each one of those cars is probably paying $500-$1000 per year for insurance. Now how many of those cars do you think will have a claim in the next year. Now you know why there are so many auto insurance companies competing for your business.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
What a timely thread!! I was wondering if it was just me or, are all car insurance commercials so STUPID. Tell me it isn't just me.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Every commercial says switching to them can save you hundreds of dollars. I figure if I keep switching, they will end up owing me money. Big Grin

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The only ones I can watch are the Mayhem dudes; they rarely fail to crack me up. Since I’m not currently shopping, they don’t bother me like the other companies do.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You wanna go, bro?!!!

I love that one. The rest of ‘em suck. Especially the Liberty Mutual commercials. Awful.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Tossup for me between Liberty Mutual and Progressive for idiotic, utterly annoying ads.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The average person saves $700 a year. I think Im an average person. $700 would cut my car insurance in half. No way are you 50% less. How much is someone paying if you can save them 700?

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like "Mayhem" guy TV Commercial.

All others can piss off.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are all disgusting to me except "Mayhem", I think he is usually hilarious.

My most hated commercials are the prescription drug commercials where everbody is floating along in slowmo pointing, waving and looking stoned out of their minds, then the required disclaimer listing the dozens of deadly side effects to the scrip.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Drugs - - - - and if you're allergic to it, don't take it - - -Daaa

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
This new Liberty commercial with the singing puppet? Yeah, makes me wanna climb a water tower with a high power rifle. HATE that one, and it seems to be their new go-to commercial.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post