SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can’t do a product review on Amazon if you bought it as a deal of the day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can’t do a product review on Amazon if you bought it as a deal of the day Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I did not realize if you purchased something on Amazon at a deep discount (ie: their deal of the day) you can’t submit a product review.

Purchased one of the wireless charging pads for the iPhone as the deal of the day. Normally like $19.99 I paid $8.47 as it had good reviews. Yes, I know you get what you pay for so I am not really worried about being out $8.50.
But I am pretty chapped it won’t let me write a review letting people no it sucks and not to bother.
It works if you need a little juice here and there but if you want to charge overnight it shuts off at about a 50% charge if your phone was close to dead.

ONE STAR but I can’t post a review

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
might just be a glitch; I've posted reviews on deep discounted items and daily deals many times.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I’d second the glitch vote.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I click the star to review and get the following
quote:
Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product for either one or both of the following reasons:
This item is currently only eligible for Amazon Verified Purchase reviews.
An "Amazon Verified Purchase" review means we've verified that the person writing the review purchased the product at Amazon and didn't receive the product at a deep discount.

I am able to review my other purchases with no issue.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
It must be a glitch. Amazon lets you review things you haven't even bought.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I got the same message from Amazon when I tried to write a positive review on a little aluminum iPod/iPhone stand thingy that I bought on a daily deal...it was 50% off IIRC...under $6 w/ Prime...

Couldn't review the item or the seller Confused

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Must be some other issue. I've reviewed stuff I didn't even buy from Amazon.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I did not realize if you purchased something on Amazon at a deep discount (ie: their deal of the day) you can’t submit a product review.

If you just bought it, it could be that their 'purchase verification' system is different for 'deals of the day' and needs time to catches up.

Or, if it's been awhile and if it really bothers you, you could buy a new one. When it comes, see how it goes. If it's good, return the original. If it's also bad, return both. Either way it wouldn't cost you anything as Amazon pays shipping on defective item returns, and you can review to your heart's content based on a 'verified purchase' from the second go.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I can confirm that Amazon blocks you from reviewing a product due to a deep discount code.
Part of their plan to weed out paid reviews, other than the Amazon Vine program.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post