SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So, the Toyota Prius
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, the Toyota Prius Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Around here, they're either doing 10-5mph under the limit or they're doing 90mph. It's ridiculous.

AND, they're doing 5-10 mph under the speed limit in the LEFT LANE.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Here in Oregon, they are either 5 mph under the speed limit in the right lane or 10 - 15 mph over the speed limit in the left lane on the freeway. The state owns lots of them and I often see the state employees in the fast lane going over the speed limit.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm firmly convinced that all of them must have signed some type of agreement that they will all drive at least 5 mph below the speed limit in the left lane in order to purchase one.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used one a few years ago for $1500 from an old lady, the dealer was giving her $1500 trade in on a new Buick. It was the first year I think, a 2001. The second day I had it I drove it on a 1600 mile trip. It got high 30's for mileage, the seats were uncomfortable. I was regretting not taking my Tahoe. I sold it when I got home for $2500 I have an H2 and if I kept it I would have had a bumper sticker that says my other car is a Hummer.

Posts: 406 | Location: Kansas | Registered: August 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found this searching around on youtube.
Here's something you don't see everyday! Big Grin

Small car towing an enclosed trailer

https://youtu.be/8g5DmFo-9kU

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
My daughter owned one for about two weeks. She was in college (2 1/2 hours from home) when she thought she had an oil leak. Weekend coming up, she checked the oil and it was fine so she came home. Took to the Toyota dealership and they said it wasn't engine oil. Apparently it was transmission oil (memory may be slipping on this part, but read on), and since the transmission is sealed on these things, they informed me that apparently the previous owner had hit something hard enough to knock a hole in the SIDE of the casing, but had fixed it with JB Weld, which was starting to leak. The best part? The service manager asked where we bought it, we told him, and then he revealed that he'd seen this very car, and told that specific dealer about the issue, about 3 weeks prior to then. Needless to say that dealer got a quick call from me, and they refunded every dime of the deal to my daughter within the day.

ALL of that said, when she and I drove it, I actually came to LIKE the little car. It was quiet, stupid efficient on fuel, and the electric motor has enough torque that you CAN make it go pretty snappily off the line at the red light. We never did, mainly because we were having contests over who could get the most MPG in town for X number of miles. After our experience, I have stopped dogging out the Prius, and just started in on the Prius drivers. Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
(Prius drivers) are hoping that the ugly ass BMW will go faster than them so they won't have to look at the hideous piece of shit.

Seriously? I think you're jealous, or have never driven one.

Guess I'd have to be materialistic before jealousy came in to play.

If you want a car that looks like an angry mole-rat sitting in a canoe, go buy the 2021 M3. As an added bonus, it looks like it is trying to poop out another car.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid for $21,000. It's a fantastic vehicle and I am happier everytime I drive the lil beast. Basically it's a stealth Prius as it's a Corolla that has the Prius powertrain. I'm on my first tank of gas and at just over 200 miles I'm averaging mid 60's MPG. EPA is 52. I'm doing 60 in the 55 mile zones.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calif Phil:
I bought a used one a few years ago for $1500 from an old lady, the dealer was giving her $1500 trade in on a new Buick. It was the first year I think, a 2001. The second day I had it I drove it on a 1600 mile trip. It got high 30's for mileage, the seats were uncomfortable. I was regretting not taking my Tahoe. I sold it when I got home for $2500 I have an H2 and if I kept it I would have had a bumper sticker that says my other car is a Hummer.

That's kind of a RoadKill moment, buy a used vehicle, drive it for a trip then sell it vs renting or driving your own vehicle. No wear on the Tahoe, and you got paid $1000 in profit...

Not bad....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you want a car that looks like an angry mole-rat sitting in a canoe, go buy the 2021 M3. As an added bonus, it looks like it is trying to poop out another car.

Big Grin

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Is it capable of reaching the posted speed limit, or is just the people who drive them who cannot? Confused

I don't think your average car enthusiast is the target market for these cars. So.......

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post