SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The bed of my truck..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The bed of my truck.. Login/Join 
posted
Is not a fucking trash can you lazy, inconsiderate bastards.

Im tired of throwing your trash away in the proper receptacle for you.

That is all.

CT

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'd tell the bastards throwing trash in your truck unless you think your fellow SF-ites are the culprits. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Why not just dump your trash in ScreamingCockatoo's trash can. Everybody else does, and I'm sure he won't mind.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
even if your truck was crappy and already had trash, if i was walking by it in the parking lot, I'd sooner throw my trash on the ground than throw it in the back of your truck.

That doesn't compute at all.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shitty trick. Rates up there with dinging your door.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Well, when you drive down the road most of the lighter stuff blows out anyway. Just saw a guy the other day with all kinds of trash blowing out as hew drove.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Why not just dump your trash in ScreamingCockatoo's trash can. Everybody else does, and I'm sure he won't mind.

HA!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
A small reason among many why I prefer a cover on the truck bed.

Now, those can make it difficult to get stuff that slides around in the bed back out, but if you lay one of these rubber floor mats in the bed stuff pretty well stays put

36x60 antifatigue rubber mat

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue but it was coworker.

I put 4x6 by 3/4” stall mat in my bed.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
I had the same issue but it was coworker.

I put 4x6 by 3/4” stall mat in my bed.

^ Yep. I have a city truck now, so don't have the bed for that.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid most of the houses around us had these big water oak trees in their yards. Those trees had small heavy leaves that were challenging to rake.

One neighbor would get all of his leaves raked up and would load them into the back of his 1964 Ford pickup (great truck). But he never unloaded them immediately.
He would wait until around 10pm and drive to the ritzy neighborhood where his nemesis lived and lower the tailgate and drive back and forth in front of the guy's house.

In a few minutes the truck bed would be empty... (Dingleberg...)

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about this post and have had a pick up truck since high school (mid 60's) and have never seen trash in the bed. Not ever.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I think it may be related to location. I don't know that I ever saw anyone throw anything in the bed of a truck down South but I certainly have seen it done- shall we say, above Virginia?

Usually college kids with an empty drink cup, crumpled up bag, wrapper, etc.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heck, if I'm in a hurry, I sometimes don't even bother with the can. 'Specially when me and the ol' lady are riding the Harley...

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I've been thinking about this post and have had a pick up truck since high school (mid 60's) and have never seen trash in the bed. Not ever.

Lucky bastard.

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmc85
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I think it may be related to location. I don't know that I ever saw anyone throw anything in the bed of a truck down South but I certainly have seen it done- shall we say, above Virginia?

Usually college kids with an empty drink cup, crumpled up bag, wrapper, etc.

Well I can confirm it happens. I've never lived anywhere but the south and it's happened to me a handful of times. Never anything major but it's always been in places where a public trash can isn't too far away.

Posts: 2997 | Location: FL | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I had a friend come out of a restaurant and find 4 old tires in the bed of his truck. He had to pay to get rid of them.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guilty of this with friends trucks, walking by finish a drink and through the can in thier bed. But its because i know them and I'd expect it in return. Also we all drive older no so nice trucks that always have crap in the beds

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm smiling at this because I think I have done it on at least one occasion and I live in Virginia. Sorry Frown

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post