SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    IRS experience. Is this America?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRS experience. Is this America? Login/Join 
posted
I went to a local IRS office as I usually do this time of year to pick up tax forms. Greeted by an armed rent-a-cop. Excuse me sir but you need to remove your jacket, belt, watch and empty your pockets he says. But I'm here to pick up forms which are directly behind you on the rack I say. I don't need to speak to an agent. Didn't matter. I was wanded up to my crotch and frisked around my boot tops to my arm pits. Only had half the forms I needed to boot.

Posts: 188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
can you get the forms you need off the IRS website?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Don't libraries have IRS forms, too? (Post offices, as well, but I know how people feel about the USPS...)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
He’s not a real cop. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
This is why I always print my own forms from their website.

The IRS cries about their budget, but they have the funds to hire a person to frisk their "customers."

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It just feels wrong...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1099s and 1096s I use are printed in red, I assume to facilitate scanning, and the downloadable forms can't be used. I just get the forms from my tax-preparer. I don't even know where the nearest IRS office is, and I'm in no hurry to find out.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd have told him to blow it out his ass. But then, I use HR Block software, so....

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Use the IRS website.

You can request any form, as well as any instructions. They will be mailed to you, no charge.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'd have told him to blow it out his ass.
Oh, yes, of course you would have done that, Gustofer. Sure.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
And you would simply comply with a TSA level search by a rent-a-cop in order to access forms that you are entitled to have...for free? Somehow I doubt that, but if you did then good for you.

And, yes. I'd have said exactly that, then walked over to the post office or library and gotten them without the hassle, or downloaded them, or used software so as to avoid the whole thing.

Am I some bad-ass? Nope. But I'll darned sure call a spade a spade.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Really wanting to follow Gustofer in line at MIA coming back from a trip to the Dominican, as he declares that he is a US Citizen and allowed to enter.

Wont be the first time I have seen an AR pulled on someone at that airport. Last time a lady tried to run through the metal detector circa 1995, she ate tile pretty fast.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Really wanting to follow Gustofer in line at MIA coming back from a trip to the Dominican, as he declares that he is a US Citizen and allowed to enter.

Wont be the first time I have seen an AR pulled on someone at that airport. Last time a lady tried to run through the metal detector circa 1995, she ate tile pretty fast.

All while screaming he doesn’t want to engage in joinder.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been that way here for 5 years

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I wondered who besides my BIL was using those forms.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I guess I can understand that because the IRS pisses off a lot of people but the same thing happened to me at the social security office!
And the court house.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
my wife does our taxes. Has for many years.

Today she went to get specific info on how to handle some financial transactions from a small company we had invested in. It went out of business years ago. She simply wanted to know if we could claim that lost money on our taxes, if so, how.

Went to 3 places listed as open for service in the innerweb. Found one of them open, and they didn't have a freaking clue!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

All while screaming he doesn’t want to engage in joinder.

LMFAO!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My DMV has armed guards now, they haven't frisked me yet.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
My DMV has armed guards now, they haven't frisked me yet.

I went to DMV last month to renew my Drivers License, and yea they had an armed elderly gentleman in a uniform. Not sure I would call the guy I saw a guard as he seemed to be about 75 - 80 carrying a Glock in a retention holster worn cowboy style. I'm not sure he could get the gun out of the holster if he tried.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post