SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Awright, who stole my day?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Awright, who stole my day? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I rolled out this morning at 5AM per usual, with a mental list of things I wanted to get done today.

It's now 4PM, darn near dark, I didn't get half of the things on my list done, AND I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!

Then, just to be sure I had a Great Day, I got home from town with the chicken feed, went to stow it and discovered that I'd left the lids off the metal trash cans I keep the bagged pellets in and rats had chewed holes in all the bags, PLUS a coon or coons got in there, crapped all over everything, knocked stuff everywhere, managed to get the top off a plastic bucket and ate $20 worth of rat bait.

I hope that furry sumbitch bleeds out somewhere where I can find him and piss on his carcass.

Thinking about it, it's also possible that I didn't forget the lids but the coons pried them off. I guess time to chain 'em down.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yet another thing I miss about living in AZ

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I stole it, by the way you're out of toilet paper.

Posts: 881 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Get a Rubbermaid garden deal with a raised lid that will hold 2 garbage cans. Put a bolt on it with a clipped hook. It was a sure cure for raccoon theft at our vacation house.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Good News, Bad News.

The good news is that the Havahart trap I bought worked.

I'll give ya three guesses what the bad news is.
Yup. Pepe LePew. I made a deal with him: You remain calm, I'll remain calm. Managed to pull the trap out to where I could get to it and get the door propped open without a trip to the Perfume Counter.

I assume he'll eventually walk out and go on about his business.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Good News, Bad News.

The good news is that the Havahart trap I bought worked.

I'll give ya three guesses what the bad news is.
Yup. Pepe LePew. I made a deal with him: You remain calm, I'll remain calm. Managed to pull the trap out to where I could get to it and get the door propped open without a trip to the Perfume Counter.
I assume he'll eventually walk out and go on about his business.

My daughter did nuisance wildlife removal. One day she trapped a young skunk, wrapped the trap and him in a tarp, and put him in the back of the pickup.
She stopped for gas and a pit stop. About to leave the cashier alerted her that someone was messing with her truck.
Rushing out she found a bunny hugger trying to “liberate” the poor critters she had so horribly trapped. She warned him of the law and how much trouble he was getting into. Then she stepped back and pulled out her phone.
The “hero” got the trap off the skunk, then got sprayed in the face.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

I love a happy ending... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:

I love a happy ending... Big Grin

Me too. Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post